• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any effective ways to use u-throw?

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
As someone who played as Palutena for a while now, I find all of her throws to be very useful...

Except U-throw.

Is there any useful way to use her U-throw? I'm getting a feeling there is something useful I'm missing out from not using U-throw.

Thanks.

Project_B

Smash Cadet
There is not really any good use for the throw. I suppose that it can be a kill throw against very light characters due to it's high base knockback (making it a poor combo throw) and okay knockback growth, but as a kill throw, it lacks the ability to KO at a reasonable percent; you're much better off trying to kill with backthrow or set up a down throw to up air follow up. I guess the only purpose for using it is If you want to try to get an early KO off of an air dodge read.

Let me know if you find any good uses for it, because I would really like to know if it has any good purpose.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
The only things I can think of are high percent kills from platforms, and if you feel you're doing good work reading their landings and think you would get more damage from keeping them above you than from one Dthrow combo.

Or obviously throwing them into Halberd lasers and such

Project_B

Smash Cadet
Yeah, or if customs are legal and you want to go for easier juggles with increased mobility from 0-20%. I also thought of maybe using it to help deal damage at high percents without staleing backthrow which deals the most percent, but also has the best kill power.

Silleby

Smash Rookie
As long as you're not actually standing at an edge, UpThrow is better at killing than BThrow

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Up throw is only effective with the lightweight custom

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
It does slightly more damage than d throw and from top platform it can kill if they tend to DI so you can't D throw>up air.

I think at 0% and no DI you can follow up with Uair or Nair but D throw is still better for obvious reasons

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
It's extremely annoying that I can't usually kill anything before 160-170% with rage... Unless I'm fighting another Palutena or am standing on a platform (for some reason Palutena can kill each other at 140%-ish with rage). Especially when they DI out of every other throw. That's all I got. >:(

Top Bottom