• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any better way to place bananas?

TexEagle

Smash Rookie
Is there a faster and better way to throw out bananas and place them rather than arcing them behind you? It sucks throwing out a bananas and then it lands on some platform above you when you want it on the platform you are on. I'm still having a problem using bananas effectively in a One vs One game agaisnt faster characters. I can throw them out and they are on the board, but i cant seem to use them effectively. But they are great for the bigger slow guys

K-dêps

Smash Cadet
What I do is turn my back to the opponent and throw one so if he charges it might hit him.
Works fairly well

S0X

Smash Cadet
after landing a f-smash and any move with knockback simply hit b-down as fast as possible back jump and attack to catch ur banana. After doing this a few times you'll get te rotation of back jump attack and catch ur banana.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
just go get it after it lands and put it where you want.
diddy is among the fastest moving characters in the game. you should be able to do it before you opponent can do too much, depending on who they play.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
I would imagine placing the banana near the edge and when the opponent tries to jump up in the air. Maybe try spiking him and see if that works.

Top Bottom