• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any AZ, NV or CA tournies in my area?

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm in the tri-state area. Just wondering if anyone wanted to put together a Brawl Tourny or monthlies or something? Hopefully looking for players within 100 miles or so if possible. I would be willing to help organize and put this together if anyone else has an interest.

Looking for players in : Kingman, Bullhead, Golden Valley, Oatman, Valley Vista, Laughlin, Havasu, Needles (and any other surrounding little towns I forgot to mention).

If anyone is in this area and would like to Brawl, please feel free to join in conversation here. I know this is a small area and there may not be a lot of people around. So I'd just like to check. Anyone got any ideas?

Adict

Smash Cadet
as far as i am aware, theres only me and three others in the area that you mention that are apart of the smash community and actively attend tournies. all of us are in fort mohave (few are in flagstaff currently for college) but we are all melee players unfortunately.

closest tournies you will find for our area is tuscon for arizona, vegas every now and then for nevada, and who knows where in cali lol

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Ah? is that right? Glad to hear that there is a few Smashers in the area. We don't have much by way this side of AZ. Phoenix/Tucson is way to far to do on any regular basis for me, I've already tried. I've barely managed to attend 2 events in the last 6 months (one in Mesa, one in Tucson). And they were a rarity, so going again is unlikely any time soon.

I also have a buddies down in Flag that play. They are also going to the college. Perhaps my friends know your friends? lol.

Anyway, Fort Mohave really isn't that far from here. Wish we could get together and Smash sometime, if you are up for it I mean. Honestly, 64 and Melee aren't really my games, but I'll play them for fun. I'm not very good though, certainly not tournament level like you are probably used to facing. Perhaps I could learn though? lol.

How are you guys at Brawl? I mean I can understand if you don't play much because you are Melee players, but surely you've played it a few times? Well, most Smashers have at some point. Even though I've attended a couple tournaments, I'm actually not very good at Brawl. But I would like to practice and get better. So I'm always looking for people to play against.

If Brawl really isn't your cup of tea, I can respect that. Either way, I'm still interested in hearing back from ya. Who knows, maybe you could teach me a few things about Melee, and I could teach you a few things about Brawl?

Adict

Smash Cadet
yeah we play brawl for fun time to time. its enjoyable we just dont find it as fun or competitive as melee so we dont play it at tournies that often. we've all played it and still do play it, just not super often lol.

i gotta cut this short for now, i have to be at work in 10 mins, ill finish this when i get off lol

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
If you played Brawl in a few tournaments then you are probably just as good as we are, or better. Brawl is our main Smash game though. I do not mind playing Melee though. I would like the chance to meet ya and play sometime, if you are cool with that I mean.

:phone:

Adict

Smash Cadet
yeah dude thatd be sweet, wed just have to set up time/place/allthatmumbojumbo.

sorry took so long to reply, i been working crazy hours covering for this dude at work

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I just got off from school for the summer. I have a lot more free time than usual. I am going out of town on the 16th though. I should be back the 23rd or 25th. Any time before or after that is good. During the time I'm going to be gone, I will be visiting a friend of mine and going to the Fresno brawl tournament. We have enough room for 1 more to ride. But we don't have lodging for another. So ease let me know when you are available. Also do you have your own transportation to come into Kingman from time to time?

:phone:

Adict

Smash Cadet
yeah i have a car and can go to kingman. tis luckily not too far of a drive. and ill be out of town on the 25th-26th-27th down in gilbert for a melee tourney lol. when i have some consecutive days off maybe we can do it then? unfortunately i dont see next weeks schedule until thursday so i wont know until then. i have no more days off this week at all lol so it cant be this week.

ill hit you up when i know for sure.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good. Keep me posted. The more time in advanced the better, easier to make arrangements for things and such.

Yeah, luckily we aren't too far apart. It's always nice to get some players to Smash with from time to time. You'll know very quickly I'm not any good at Melee lol. But it is fun to play. Bring your Melee disc, memory card and controllers with ya if ya wanna play. I got a Wii we could play it on. I don't think I have my Gamecube anymore though. Also curious if you are better than me at Brawl too lol.

Top Bottom