• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice?

Tushy

Smash Rookie
I need a bit of help learning Ice Climbers. I've only played PM for about 3 days or so, most of which I've been trying to teach myself any little thing that might improve my Ice Climbers game. I've picked up on some small things, and learned basic stuff such as Wavedashing, Dash Dancing, L-Cancel, et cetera, but nothing too useful. The only thing I've figured out is making Nana F-Air after Popo D-throws. If you could give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Damp

Smash Apprentice
Learn your desyncs. Plenty of guides around for that, so I'm not gonna go into detail. Learn handoffs. Practice wavedash downsmash, wavedash jab. Figure out which characters you can chain throw and at which percents (Sheik basically always). Finally, realize that right now, the character is broken. Don't go trying to save Nana all the time if it isn't worth it. You need a good Sopo game to be a good ICs player.

Tushy

Smash Rookie
Learn your desyncs. Plenty of guides around for that, so I'm not gonna go into detail. Learn handoffs. Practice wavedash downsmash, wavedash jab. Figure out which characters you can chain throw and at which percents (Sheik basically always). Finally, realize that right now, the character is broken. Don't go trying to save Nana all the time if it isn't worth it. You need a good Sopo game to be a good ICs player.
Thanks for the help, but of it isn't too much trouble, could you link a few guides you think would be helpful? If not it's cool. Thanks again for the help.

Damp

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I would look in the melee ICs section. Everything but wobbling applies. Fly Amanita has a huge guide there for everything.

Top Bottom