• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice on Ike and his Aerials?

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Let's say you have a Lucario all up in your grill.

Do I go for Nair, or fair? and I get knocked up and I want to approach from above (The D-Air don't work) should I go for a nair or a fair?

heep peez

Smash Rookie
I prefer Ike's Fair. I'm not particularly fond of his Nair, and I feel as though the Fair packs more of a surprise punch.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
retreating fair if lucario is coming after you.
Nair if he's dodging.
fair for approach.

air dodge when coming down.

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Nair is good to use in a high stress situation due to its low landing lag. You can SHFF it and start a ground combo pretty easily.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the nair.... i personally only pull off the fair when i am anticipating where they are going to be... or i messed up a RAR

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
So let's say they're on the other side of FD. do I run up and F-Air? or should I quickdraw and AAA?

How would I approach with the aerial, the F-Air's a bit ackward, but I'm practicing.

*Edit* - "RAR'ing" = useful?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
So let's say they're on the other side of FD. do I run up and F-Air? or should I quickdraw and AAA?

How would I approach with the aerial, the F-Air's a bit ackward, but I'm practicing.

*Edit* - "RAR'ing" = useful?
Quickdraw to AAA is a better approach. And RAR can be useful in certain situations, and thanks to Ike's fast and powerful bair, it's a great surprise attack. Just don't spam it.

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Nair -> Grab/Jab combo
EASILY his best aerial in terms of actual play. Any opponent worth his salt will realize if you're running at him instead of quick drawing, you're planning on RARing.

Top Bottom