• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice on how to deal with Bowser Jr?

betaclay

I play bad games
I don't know if I'm the only one having trouble with Bowser Jr, I just can't seem to get close to him. Anytime he lays down a Mechakoopa, my gordos are suddenly useless because if the gordo so much as bumps the Mechakoopa, it gets sent barreling back at me.

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with him? I'm considering learning a secondary Mario to deal with characters like him, Samus, and Rosalina. Thoughts?

Deadzombie

Smash Rookie
Dee has alot of frame traps. Fair and Nair can be almost free if used right especially with characters like Bowser Jr who can be punished easy.try whiffing safe airs and jabs to bait something to punish. I would only use lite gordos against the edge to add pressure for a spike

Jibbablabba

Smash Rookie
NNID
VGFanatic20
I would say use your Inhale more and try and bait them into a Rocket Hammer. I only use Gordo when they try and aerial me or edgeguard. at least with a ranged matchup, i try to catch my gordo and throw it back should it get reflected. they never expect it.

betaclay

I play bad games
Thanks guys!

I would say use your Inhale more and try and bait them into a Rocket Hammer. I only use Gordo when they try and aerial me or edgeguard. at least with a ranged matchup, i try to catch my gordo and throw it back should it get reflected. they never expect it.
I never find myself using the rocket hammer, what is the best way to utilize it?

Top Bottom