• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice for someone trying to pick up Rosalina?

MM125

Smash Rookie
I've always wanted to learn Rosalina, but I've never known where to start.

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
It's old and outdated, but it was pretty helpful for me. Very Informative.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Grow a second brain Be patient, and never lose track of any of the two, especially Rosalina for obvious reasons. I particularly like to play with both of them separately; I seldom have them next to each other, but I'm aware that they're much more effective when they're together.

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
Watch a lot of Dabuz's videos. Learn how to use lunar landings and get comfortable with the character.

TheQTpie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Qu1nn9250
something I keep in mind (in general but especially while playing Rosalina) is hit box placement between Luma and Rosa. Rosa has a lot of disjoints and weird hit boxes with Luma so I try to always keep in mind who i'm hitting my opponent with. A general rule of thumb is Luma does more knock back and has better frame data on most moves where as Rosalina does more damage on her hit boxes than Luma.

ShepDog

Smash Rookie
NNID
MadSlayz
3DS FC
1349-8227-6136
Another important thing is to stay grounded & focus on walling your opponent out, then the rest is easy. Rosalina's aerial can't hold a candle to her grounded tools(Except UAir).

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
Tossing Luma just past the ledge opens up edge gaurding options. Down air and nair can gimp or ko effectively. Also, RAR bair is not a bad option when paired wit luma. Her down air can be ruthless against unsuspecting foes off stage. I feel like your missing out on some opportunities in you discount all but her up air.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can tell you something that doesn't help- choosing an alternative color.
For some reason, with Rosalina more than any other character, I get really distracted by some of her color palettes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom