• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti Final Smash reflector list(with Videos!!!) with constant updates

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
Okay with the help of the Invincibility reflector video. I have done some of my own research and posted up which Final Smashes can be avoided and how.. so here we go...I hope this helps guys.

Please forgive me for the camera holding because I was doing this all by myself... it was a pain to do.

TO DO THIS EFFECTIVELY YOU MUST LEARN TO TIME AND THAT TAKES PRACTICE
don't feel bad if you don't do it the first few times

Captain Falcon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J1WgMgt2zk

The moment he says "come on" or "come" you IMMEDIATELY press down B to avoid being roadkill and the blue falcon will simply wizz by through you.

Metaknight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0o2G9H75Z0

Yes, Metaknight's attack can be avoided though it takes INTENSE timing to do so..the moment he throws up his cape you can avoid his final smash and you can f-smash him or whatever you feel like.

Marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT9vgKmS1-U

I know this has been done...but it can be done closer which goes to show you that Wolf's Down B is really quick.

Ike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvsYSYhdmpc

Ahhhh, yes.... I pissed off a lot of Ike players (friends) that I did this to...Ike's can be avoided as well with timing the down B. The bonus part is that the relfector will do damage to him as well and you get a free attack due to the lag of the Final smash for Ike...it's a win-win (well for wolf anyways)

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG14D4yE340

The timing with this is you gotta practice. As soon as Link raises his fist to do his final smash you do your down B and you will easily avoid this and you strike in for YOUR kill.

Toon Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea0gSLXpkqE

Same as Link so look above...

Gannondorf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WemnE0scXFE

Ahh yes, the sacred beast outwits the evil beast (bonus points to those who know where this is from)

Okay this is a little tricky but with my help and some practice you can avoid any damage if you are caught by Gannon's Final Smash.

First his Final smash has 3 attacks...

1. if you are close his "growth" animation does damage.

2. His second is a ground stomp which stuns you and you cannot move.

3. His tackle which does some NASTY damage.

okay

first of all for his growth animation you perform his Down B

next you MUST dodge sideways to be behind him...TWICE!!!! if done correctly you will not be harmed by his tackle which has a small vacuum effect.

You cannot triple dodge as the animation glitch will not work as if you have done his Down B it must go in this order...it is not that Hard people...it takes practice.

(my friend did the meowth line)

Anyways this is the beginning as for my next up will be pikachu, sonic, Zero Suit Samus and maybe possibly snake...

Here is my list of Down b invincibility will not work,

Zelda/Sheik- The reason why is because in Practice mode I put the speed at 1/4 and when the Final Smash is done.. at VERY thin blue laser is shot from the bow trapping the opponent and it reaches across the entire screen...the best thing to do...(during the cinematic...Jump as fast as you can)

Samus- It's a GIANT LASER... people it's common sense to avoid it due to the fact that it is a continuous attack and the invincibility frames only last for like a second.

Mario, lucario, pokemon trainer- a continuous laser attack...look at sentence above

Luigi- a circular continuous attack

Peach- nothing can protect you from the pink princess dance of sleepiness

Falco
, wolf, Fox- It's a tank people.... dodge and weave

Bowser- avoid as much due to the fact he takes up a lot of space and can hurt you

Jigglypuff
- just like bowser she grows huge to take up space.....that is it...edgehog if you can...

R.O.B- Don't make me laugh...ya can't down b this...simply avoid R.O.B and not get hit...

Mr. Game & Watch- again a continuous attack with a tentacle best thing to do is dodge

Wario- Simply try your best and avoid this guy

Captain Olimar
- simply NO way to avoid getting damage as you will be hit regardless...best thing to do is to minimize your damage.

(with ideal sweetspot damage..Olimar can achieve 70% before crashing into ground. After crashing and hitting you it equals 100% with knockback outta the stage.)

I can reduce the damage down to 30% w/o knockback...if anyone can get any lower please post up how and a video..I will keep trying to see if it can go any lower. (with wolf only)

Donkey Kong- simply stay away from him and hope you are not the unlucky chap that gets caught in his attack.

Ice Climbers
- It's an Iceberg people a giant Iceberg...

King DeDeDe
- can't down b outta this one... simpy dodge the waddle dees and such

Kirby- can't dodge this but can be avoided though you must learn the invisible boundary of the circle in which kirby is the center...find the boundary of the invisible circle and you will not get cooked.

Zero Suit Samus
- It is a continuous attack when she uses her final smash...best thing to do is to avoid her when she plans on using it next to you.

Here is the plausible

Snake
- Doing a down b whenever he launches grenades needs INHUMAN TIMING i only did it twice at one time and that was by SHEER luck...it is hard...though impractical...I will not give up yet.

Sonic
-Yes you can avoid as my friend tried it with me in practice as you can stay in one spot and time the heck out when Sonic comes....you can avoid his "chaos emerald" animation with down b and simply stay in one spot and down b whenever he tries to hit you... and it can also be done in midair as well. (it is hard to do) Hopefully a video will come soon.

Pikachu
- Same thing as sonic though a little more work on timing due to the fact sonic's final is faster than pikachus

Pit- You can dodge his centurions (don't know why I call them that) though it requires work but when pulled off you can impress your friends.

Diddy Kong
- as said with sonic and pikachu you can avoid this but like snake it requires INTENSE timing...really hard to do...impratical yes...hardcore video...maybe (we'll see)

Yoshi
- Same deal as diddy though a little easier

Well I hope you enjoy the videos and I hope this helps people inspire them to be more creative with wolf...

Im not showing off my e-peen I am just demonstrating which Finals can be dodged with wolf's reflector... enjoy and please leave me some comments.

Best thing of all when you pull of the "anti final smash reflector" chances are your opponent will be suprised and stunned for a second or two and you can take advantage of this opportunity and strike.

EDIT: okay I fixed the link so now you can see the Ike video...sorry about that folks...

waks

Smash Journeyman
Nice find man, love the look on people's faces when you do this XD

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
Just another reason Wolf pwns hard. How long did it take you to find this out?
Like a few days it took me to find this out...I was inspired by the invincibility reflector and I wanted to know which other final smashes this applies to as well, For a few days i have been testing out and some results were pretty **** good that i had to share it with other people.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't see how Wolf can avoid Ganondorf's Final Smash in time. By the time he uses it, Wolf is a sitting duck.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Whoa, interesting! Won't mind if I share it in some forums (credits given of course)?

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be better just to spot dodge? Help me here, I'm not seeing the point...

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
@mario and sonic guy- As I said before it takes practice...I been practicing this move for like a week and have not mastered it yet...but I can do it successfully from time to time...it takes practice

@ookami-kun-sure go ahead and copy it ^^ with (credits of course) send me a link too

@phyvo-That is one way of doing it...I was just showing that Gannons final smash is avoidable. I said it does take practice

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Oh, it's just in gamefaqs XD

And reflector seems to give a bit longer invincibility frames and a lagless frame. If you spot-dodged ganon, you'll still be hit.

yuo

Smash Cadet
Nice vids, it's good to see this in action. No longer will I hit the smash ball EIGHTY times only so toon link can attack it once and KO me! lol assuming i can get the timing down at least

LANDMASTERED!

Smash Rookie
Well, this would add another reason on top of the multiple reasons why Wolf owns all. with this InvinciBarrier (you got to make a name for this tatic), his Landmaster (being the best there is) and his attacks that spell quick and powerful, this guy just says "I own you all!"

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
I'm glad these videos are inspiring people to be creative with wolf..

right now I am practicing against sonic...it is tricky but IT CAN BE DONE...I just want to get it perfect before I put it on youtube...

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
Huzzah! I rejoice at the fact that the next SSB4 (hopefully wolf will stay) and keep this technique and his invincibility. SO this isn't a glitch but an official technique...all makes it the better...I wonder if they just did not realize the reflector did have invincibility and just said it at the last moment.

Top Bottom