• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Answered] How do you land with Roy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I can't find an auto-cancel for him so he stops getting juggled. I sometimes use Fair to get spacing, but it leaves him open. Nair seems like a good option, but they all have some nasty landing lag. Just looking for a way to escape juggles.

shotgunraptorjesus

Smash Rookie
Mix up your direction/momentum with b reversed Flare Blades. It has little endlag so you're not stuck in it and can react shortly after

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Doesn't Nair auto cancel?
no, roy has no aerials that can autocancel.

Roy's a fastfaller so just land quickly and roll away or something. Nair doesn't have that much of a landing lag to the point where you'd get punished for it. I never really found this much of an issue lol. He "can't land" cuz he's a fastfaller and gets comboed really easily.

CanadianMegaMan

Smash Apprentice
I sometimes like to fall with DED (f, d, d, d) to get some shield pressure on my opponent and condition them into blocking it, then mix up by just doing the first slash and then dash grab. Alternatively, counter is always a nice mix up if your timing is solid.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Just use your insane air mobility to get away from the opponent. Most foes can't really keep up with Roy when he is in the air. Being a fast faller also gives them a small window of time to actually juggle him since he can land on the ground very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom