• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another way to use gliding toss with the bananas

Nimkip

Smash Rookie
Here is an explanation on how to do a gliding toss (You can also use the C-Stick in place of the A button)
You can name it whatever you'd like, this was originally hinted at me by Ikki the japanese pro, but since he's not on smashboards, and I confirmed it today, I'm posting it.

Basically, if you're holding an item and you roll forward and press A in the middle, the result will be the character gliding weirdly instead of rolling and throwing the item very quickly in the middle while advancing a considerable distance.

best attempted by Peach's turnips, works for all characters and all items as far as I know.
Source: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141858

And here is a video of gliding toss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7glTOvBD8uQ

If your having trouble timing when to tilt the c-stick I'd say you tilt the c stick on the first frame of rolling.

So, all you have to do is roll backwards then tilt the c stick down toss the banana on the ground then pick it back up and repeat. Yeah, I know it's simple, but I thought it was funny. "Look I can wavedash across the stage in Brawl." It's a simple and obvious application that can be used to give you more options.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i found it easier to use the L-trigger to roll and then use the C-stick to do these gliding tosses. With that method, i do it everytime, forwards and backwards.

As for the wavedashing, its so much hassle to do that would it even be worth it? probably be better off just foxtrotting and not having to worry about that.

Nimkip

Smash Rookie
i found it easier to use the L-trigger to roll and then use the C-stick to do these gliding tosses. With that method, i do it everytime, forwards and backwards.

As for the wavedashing, its so much hassle to do that would it even be worth it? probably be better off just foxtrotting and not having to worry about that.
What's so different about that method.

Oh, I just meant that it looks like wavedashing, not that you have to use it the same way you did in melee. ;)

btw didn't wavedashing seem like a hassle at first.

But, yeah this is much more of a hassle since you need a banana and isn't as effective as wavedashing.

This just gives you more options when you glide toss and you can use any attack out of it.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
It looks like it could be useful. It would be interesting to test the lag and the actual advancement you make in comparison to just a roll. Another thing to point is it seems to give you the option of which way you end facing in a roll. Also might be good to check the avoidable damage while using this move. Thumbs up, good find.

Top Bottom