• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Another way to do true commands

swaglevelsohigh

Smash Rookie
swaglevelsohigh submitted a new guide:

Another way to do true commands - You can do the true command using grab.

While messing around on for glory, I tried to grab a palutena but Ryus true side b came out. After the game, went into training room and tested it. To my surprise, it worked. So if you are an aspiring Ryu main that can't do the true inputs, you can do grab instead. With this, no other attack would accidentally come out.
Read more about this guide...

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
have any type of video or proof to actually know these is real?
Edit:What controller did you use?I tried with Gamepad and got nothing.What was grab on?

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
have any type of video or proof to actually know these is real?
Edit:What controller did you use?I tried with Gamepad and got nothing.What was grab on?
It works. There have been posts on this before hand and it is used by many players to make inputs easier.

You can also press A+B, if you have AB smash on, and it will always do the strongest version (this is less useful though. I advise just holding a or b)

Scythesurge

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to add something I discovered this weekend with this tech...using grab with the true inputs always produces the weak version of the special no matter how long you hold the grab button. Because of this I don't think it's useful for shoryukens, but I've been using it for mixing up my hadokens (moves much slower) and tatsus (guaranteed shortest distance). I use gamecube controller with R button set to grab for reference.

Top Bottom