• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

another reflector thread

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
so i got to thinking with all these flash/reflector topics..

how do YOU use the shine in battle? yes there are guides on how/when you could use it.. but when do you actually implement it in real game play?

personally, i only use it:
-obviously projectiles
-combo breaker (ex annoying blue pokemon)
-at the END of my sh to combo, sh+shine+fsmash/AAA (cookie cutter wolf combo)
-while falling to intercept my opponents uair or bair (very careful timing, too risky?)
-occasionally if my opponent is on a platform above me and im below, sh+shine+uair

im really trying to practice using it on my rising sh but my fingers always trip over themselves and i cant get the timing down.

which brings up another question, do you reflect with bstick or \/ +B?
personally i find bstick shines too risky because i always manage to flash off the ledge somewhere haha

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
approaching with a SH shine is extremely blockgrabbable, limiting its use offensively more than people wish to imagine, though there still are appropriate times to use it offensively, but it all depends on the mood of the match, the pace of the attacks, and the intelligence of the player.

Just use it when you feel you need to. If your playing style doesn't incorporate it that much, more power to you. Be a minor-shining wolf.

My only advice on the shine is to not worry about multiple declines with it. Who cares if the move gets stale, it only does like 3-4% anyways, and with less knockback it leads into dsmash easier.

Top Bottom