• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another option for Ganondorf to get back on stage (video showcase included)

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
I like posting Ganondorf tech that I think can be helpful for other Ganondorfs to use. :p
WARNING: THIS TECH MIGHT BE HARD TO DO (MAYBE)
You have your 5 options when you are on the ledge: Ledge Getup/Climb, Ledge Jump, Ledge Attack, Ledge Roll, and finally Drop down from the ledge. This tech uses the "drop down from the ledge" option to get on the stage with no lag. There are 3 ways to do this:

Method 1: Frame Perfect(?) drop down > jump
The hardest of the other 2 options. Your inputs have to be clean and precise. You have to drop down (possibly not fast falling) and the FAF (first active frame) you have to press jump. Best option for tricking your opponent but not the most consistent of the 3.

Method 2: Drop down > jump > F-air/B-air and land on the first 6 frames of F-air/B-air

According to the Kurogane Hammer website, Ganondorf's F-air and B-air Auto-cancels on the first 6 frames of the move. (possibly A-Landing?) Using this info, we can make it more easier for Ganondorf to land on his feet which makes method 2 superior than method 1 but there is one thing that makes this method not as useful. From what I tested, this works only(?) on stages that have a straight vertical wall like Omega Wii Fit Studio, Omega Windy Hill Zone, Omega Hyrule Temple and etc... Ya, Omega stages that have straight vertical walls makes this method useful but it seems very unlikely to use this method in a tournament set unless you request stages that have straight vertical walls.

Method 3 (more consistent): Drop down > jump > B-air immediately
Using B-air immediately after the jump seems to move Ganondorf's body forward a bit and it takes 22> (23 to 36 frames of animation?) to auto cancel the animation. Your opponent can see the B-air so it's kinda obvious but not if they don't expect it. It's more consistent than Methods 1 and 2.
I also recommend that for method 3, have one of your L/R trigger buttons set to "jump" to make it more easier to do the method. I tried this method with X as my jump and it's hard to get my B-air right away from my C-Stick after pressing jump on my X button.

Here is a video showcasing this tech (starts from method 1 > method 2 > method 3):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvtmfvGFB4

Hope you Ganon players like/dislike my essay. I saw this from Gungnir who posted a vine about this tech (method 1) and it caught my interest.
This is another option to add in your guys's ledge options.
Should I have post this in the AT thread? If so, I'll try to do that next time if I have something to share.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
It's already known but your vid and description are definitely awesome. Personally I don't use this much but I shall now use it more in honor of your efforts.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm beyond delighted at the work you've put into this! As Blobface Blobface mentioned, it's known, but your description of it should definitely be added to the AT thread if there's not a comprehensive one already. For future reference though, things like these ideally <should> go into the AT thread. But in this case, you've put a lot of effort into this, so letting it have some exposure outside of the thread for a bit can't hurt, but I'll have to close it up eventually.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
ignore this. wrong thread. can't figure out how to delete it

Last edited:
Top Bottom