• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another of these newfangled "Rate my YL"

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Match with Sheik:

Couple of bad SDs, but some good gameplay. The Sheik could've done a whole lot better versus you, and not just with chain throw. Near the end he realizes that attack spam is painful to young link and that young link will naturally want to sheild grab for which he punishes you promptly. You did good, but realize this now. Don't sheild grab sheik unless she running a's you, ever. She has like no lag time so she'll spot dodge every obvious grapple. Instead aerial out of sheild or something. Spam more bombs, great use of arrows here though. More running a for initiative. You gotta attack spam Sheik to have the upperhand.

I had something for the Marth match but it may have been lost when I posted it on youtube.

Great job on your Young Link thus far though. Your style reminds me of mine. You're definately one of the more well-rounded players I've seen.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
I only saw one of the matches...the FoD one.

Anyways, what was with all the random SD's? You and the Sheik?

You could of spammed the projectiles a little more. But thats my play style, to get them annoyed with projectiles.

Overall, your Young Link is pretty good. Keep practicing and keep up the good work.

Jash

Smash Lord
Everyone makes mistakes, most importantly with the SDs. Your Young Link style is good, you seem to have everything good and steady. But when fighting sheik, NEVER use the chain when coming back *unless you need it of course*. The reason why is because sheik players like to smack people when they see them open. Also always Down Grab sheik. More combos can be done when you down grab sheik. Ill give your young link a 7 because he is good no doubt.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I think they mean when you tried to Hookshot the edge but obviously failed and fell to your death for the SDs.

Chip.

you know what to do
I don't see reason to insult you? I like your Young Link :). But trust me, if you fought a Sheik that could chain-grab, you would have a lot more trouble. The Marth was all right though. You did good against both charachters though. SD's weren't that repeated or terrible, but ya' need a better recovery from the edge. You had a solid defense with your Y.Link vs. Marth when you spamed, grabbed, and spotdodged some of his lagged attacks like his f-smash. Maybe some more of your boomerang would be good too, when mixed with your bombs. You seemed to play 'smarter' when you played against the Marths than the Sheiks, like better spamming and SHFFL's. I can tell you work hard with your Young Link, and you have good experience with him, but more training will do even better.

Top Bottom