• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another newbie here

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Hey everyone! I've lurked here as a guest for a while. Been tempted to sign up many times and I finally gave in.

I'm a casual Smash player and super excited to get the 3DS installment soon! As a big Fire Emblem fan I'm looking forward to Robin (happy the first impressions from Japan are positive!). Although to be honest all the newcomers this time look awesome!

Anyway, nice to meet you. :) (You guys have a lot of emoticons.)

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Hey everyone! I've lurked here as a guest for a while. Been tempted to sign up many times and I finally gave in.

I'm a casual Smash player and super excited to get the 3DS installment soon! As a big Fire Emblem fan I'm looking forward to Robin (happy the first impressions from Japan are positive!). Although to be honest all the newcomers this time look awesome!

Welcome casual newbie! I use this one a lot in the arena! :teeth:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Haha, thanks! I'll remember to keep on your good side so I don't end up like that poor guy. :urg:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830

Nice to meet you :D

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
@ Quetzal77 Quetzal77 you should come to the arena for some online ffa fun! I'm the only casual there I think and it can be scary at times!:eek: I SD more than I get KO'd. That's cuz I'm a little reckless!

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Thanks for the welcome Losho!

@ Quetzal77 Quetzal77 you should come to the arena for some online ffa fun! I'm the only casual there I think and it can be scary at times!:eek: I SD more than I get KO'd. That's cuz I'm a little reckless!
Pardon my newbiness but what IS the arena and where can I find it? XP

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Welcome to the boards. This is the arena. Don't feel intimidated by it at all, since there aren't that many good players there, though I'm in the lower levels myself.

Also, is your name a Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker reference? Just curious, lol.

Last edited:

heymundy

Smash Rookie
I'm going to insert myself in this thread too, lol, what is this arena?!

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks FoxBlaxy71!

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Welcome to the forums. I need to tell you an urgent tip. Stay out of the News section of the website, there is a moderator in there who is a complete hardass and loves to hand out 3 point infractions while giving you **** over differing opinions and assumes you're homophobic despite publically admitting you're gay.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Welcome to the forums. I need to tell you an urgent tip. Stay out of the News section of the website, there is a moderator in there who is a complete hardass and loves to hand out 3 point infractions while giving you **** over differing opinions and assumes you're homophobic despite publically admitting you're gay.
^This. So much this.

The mods are pretty cool overall, but that sub-forum really hasn't been decent since the User Blogs section occupied that spot, and even then, lol.

Last edited:

MirrorTael

Smash Cadet
Hi Quetzal-san! Reading through this thread and clicking @ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71 's link, I feel a little slow. What exactly do you DO in this "arena"? You challenge ppl to play online and exchange friend codes to do so? Is that how it works?

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Welcome to the boards. This is the arena. Don't feel intimidated by it at all, since there aren't that many good players there, though I'm in the lower levels myself.

Also, is your name a Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker reference? Just curious, lol.
Ah, thanks! I'll check the thread out in detail a bit later. I actually haven't played the Metal Gear series! I just chose the name in reference to the Latin American bird. :)

The mods are pretty cool overall, but that sub-forum really hasn't been decent since the User Blogs section occupied that spot, and even then, lol.
Thanks for the tip. XP I've noticed from my lurking that the mods here are pretty tough in general.

Hello to the others who posted!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Hi Quetzal-san! Reading through this thread and clicking @ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71 's link, I feel a little slow. What exactly do you DO in this "arena"? You challenge ppl to play online and exchange friend codes to do so? Is that how it works?
Yep. There's also one for Project M that can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/wifi-friend-code-list.343645/

Ah, thanks! I'll check the thread out in detail a bit later. I actually haven't played the Metal Gear series! I just chose the name in reference to the Latin American bird. :)

Thanks for the tip. XP I've noticed from my lurking that the mods here are pretty tough in general.

I see. There was a certain part in the game where you had to listen for a quetzal's call to identify an enemy soldier, so that's why I was wondering. Enjoy your time on Smashboards!

Booster

Smash Lord

Yeah but there's one mod in the News who is the worst, I cannot say who unless I want an infraction, but he is the hardest of hardasses and thinks he's better then everyone else just because he gets paid to write about videogames. Basically the News section is the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRU3I_o1vLc

Top Bottom