• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another idea for Star Fox Wii U

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I've been thinking long and hard about this idea and will tell you guys it all
First things first: The Gameplay
The game has a huge focus on aerial combat in the Arwings, but instead of being on rails, it's an open world space shooter, like a space version of Tom Clancy's HAWX, except not mediocre, on foot combat is still there but not as prevalent as in games like Adventures and Assault, if I were to percent this out it'd be 60% Arwing Combat, 20% Landmaster, 15% On Foot, and 5% Blue Marine. Each character plays different, Falco, for example is excellent in an Arwing, but horrible in a LandMaster.The Wii U gamepad could serve as a map, or could show vital stats such as teammate health, your health, a proximity indicator, or the amount of Smart bombs you have, in certain missions like Recon, Stealth, or destruction, it could be used to interact with the environment or something, or to call for backup if you need it
Visuals: The game would have amazing visuals taking full advantage of what the Wii U could do
Characters: Fox McCloud will be a fusion of his Adventures, Assault, and 64 personality types, though he's more assertive, such as when he tells Panther to either back off or to go get rammed by an asteroid when he's trying to hit on Krystal
Falco: He's a bit more laid back but still a bit arrogant and hotheaded
Slippy:: Slippy is a bit more mature than in past games, he's also the smartest member on the team
Krystal: She has pretty much the same personality. Her clothing is a bit different though, her attire is not as flashy and more professional, I was thinking a sleeveless shirt, underneath a sleeveless combat jacket, and military fatigues, and she looks less like a cat and more like a fox. Her telepathic abilities are more than just for sensing enemy weak spots or enemies, she can sense emotions, dreams, and also distress.
Plot: 2 Years after the events of Star Fox: Assault (Command is retconned), The Star Fox team have been assisting in the rebuilding after the Aparoids, but after a failed mission, a new threat emerges, this threat could have something to do with Krystal's past, the Star Fox team must stop this threat and save Lylat . (In the story, Everything about Krystal's back story will be explained through flashbacks, same with James McCloud and other characters), this story will take about 20-30 hours to complete. One if the missions involves Fox McCloud being captured and you play as Krystal during the rescue mission. If you beat the main campaign, you unlock the Star Wolf campaign non which you play as the Star Wolf team.
Local Multiplayer: Two options, VS. Mode and Co Op campaign in which the players play the campaign in co-op.
Unlockables: As you progress through the game you unlock more weapons, maps, and attires for VS mode, and you can unlock concept art and the sound test.
Online Multiplayer: This mode functions similar to GTA Online, except instead of stealing, you have to complete missions to gain XP, as you progress through the game you unlock the ability to buy better weapons, space fighters, better tanks, a better ship, and better teammate skills, you upgrade your skills through training and doing missions, it starts with you designing your own character, and fighter, you start off just completing training and entering space, throughout the mode, Star Fox and Star Wolf make appearances, you can even create your own squadron by recruiting friends on the Nintendo Network

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
If I were to be completely honest, the only way I can see on-foot gameplay properly serving a StarFox game is if it were used as only some kind of between-mission hubworld thing where you can run around and talk to characters aboard the Great Fox or some other component, maybe have shops with purchaseable unlockables. But make it completely optional and if the player wanted to he/she could just skip these intermissions altogether.

I think you nailed the characters' personalities though, Slippy needs a bit more of a "mature nerd" vibe and Fox has to borrow some of Falco's attitude so that he actually seems like the leader and not a neutral, vanilla hero. I say make him a bit more confident, sly, and emotionally invulerable to most situations. Falco still needs to tease him and patent the one-liners though.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If I were to be completely honest, the only way I can see on-foot gameplay properly serving a StarFox game is if it were used as only some kind of between-mission hubworld thing where you can run around and talk to characters aboard the Great Fox or some other component, maybe have shops with purchaseable unlockables. But make it completely optional and if the player wanted to he/she could just skip these intermissions altogether.

I think you nailed the characters' personalities though, Slippy needs a bit more of a "mature nerd" vibe and Fox has to borrow some of Falco's attitude so that he actually seems like the leader and not a neutral, vanilla hero. I say make him a bit more confident, sly, and emotionally invulerable to most situations. Falco still needs to tease him and patent the one-liners though.

The on foot missions are very few, I was thinking there are only 10 in the entire game, though your idea is good, I'll incorporate it, the on foot missions play like games such as Mass Effect, but most of the game is flying

The on foot missions are very few, I was thinking there are only 10 in the entire game, though your idea is good, I'll incorporate it, the on foot missions play like games such as Mass Effect, but most of the game is flying

And the flying parts play lie Star Wars: Rouge Squadron II

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom