• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Captain Falcon Rant!

Zamato

Smash Rookie
I know you all have to deal with these rants all the time, but i can't help but add to the already endless archive of Captain Falcon rants! I really want to like Captain Falcon, but i just can't! The reason why i am typing this very topic right now, is to express my anger about possibly the biggest disappointment in Brawl.

Argument#1: Priority
It's almost impossible to play anyone other than Captain Falcon, because Falcon's priority is soooo god **** low! Falcon Kick is such a ***** attach now. It is so ****ing easy to counter. Just throw any attack, and Captain will not only cancel attack, but take mother ****ing damage! WTF is that? Not only is Falcon kick seriously worthless, but every other attack is seriously worthless as well. It's almost impossible to pull off any effective combo because all the attacks have such a low priority! Pray to god your opponent doesn't attack the same time you do, or the only one flying to hell is you.

Argument#2: The knee
The knee is soooo ****ing useless now. I don't even use it. This is how it works now, if it doesn't make contact in the minuscule hit box, then it just literally ***** taps the opponent. It's so ineffective that I'm better off just pressing the taunt button. At least, it will make me feel better about myself, rather then just getting ****ing owned because the ****ty move is soo worthless. Now, i forgot to mention what happens when Falcon knee move does hit in the tiny *** hit box. It pretty much a one hit kill. I can pull out the real knee, about 1/20 times. What Nintendo should have done, was make the knee effective version have lesser power, but have it more frequent. It's just plain worthless how it is, now.

Argument#3: Smash move
I recall in the original Supersmash Captain Falcon has this kick move as hit side smash attack, rather then this elbow ****. I grew up on the kick smash, and i find it extraordinarily offensive that nintendo would switch it to elbow! **** that ****! It's my biggest complaint with CF in Brawl and Melee.

Common people, lets be honest with ourselves. CF sucks, i will **** any n00b *** CF user any day with ease. No Pro is gonna use CF, they are gonna go with a higher priority, more powerful, and more diversified move set character, and let me tell you, it ain't CF.

PS: I know this is my first post, i don't give a ****! I've been reading on this forum for years, so STFU *******s!

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Edit:

Whats there to argue about? #1 and #2 are prob facts by now. #3 looks like a very personal opinion.

Are you like, looking for someone to contradict you?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I know you all have to deal with these rants all the time, but i can't help but add to the already endless archive of Captain Falcon rants! I really want to like Captain Falcon, but i just can't! The reason why i am typing this very topic right now, is to express my anger about possibly the biggest disappointment in Brawl.

It's almost impossible to play anyone other than Captain Falcon, because Falcon's priority is soooo god **** low! Falcon Kick is such a ***** attach now. It is so ****ing easy to counter. Just throw any attack, and Captain will not only cancel attack, but take mother ****ing damage! WTF is that? Not only is Falcon kick seriously worthless, but every other attack is seriously worthless as well. It's almost impossible to pull off any effective combo because all the attacks have such a low priority! Pray to god your opponent doesn't attack the same time you do, or the only one flying to hell is you.

The knee is soooo ****ing useless now. I don't even use it. This is how it works now, if it doesn't make contact in the minuscule hit box, then it just literally ***** taps the opponent. It's so ineffective that I'm better off just pressing the taunt button. At least, it will make me feel better about myself, rather then just getting ****ing owned because the ****ty move is soo worthless. Now, i forgot to mention what happens when Falcon knee move does hit in the tiny *** hit box. It pretty much a one hit kill. I can pull out the real knee, about 1/20 times. What Nintendo should have done, was make the knee effective version have lesser power, but have it more frequent. It's just plain worthless how it is, now.

I recall in the original Supersmash Captain Falcon has this kick move as hit side smash attack, rather then this elbow ****. I grew up on the kick smash, and i find it extraordinarily offensive that nintendo would switch it to elbow! **** that ****! It's my biggest complaint with CF in Brawl and Melee.

Common people, lets be honest with ourselves. CF sucks, i will **** any n00b *** CF user any day with ease. No Pro is gonna use CF, they are gonna go with a higher priority, more powerful, and more diversified move set character, and let me tell you, it ain't CF.

PS: I know this is my first post, i don't give a ****! I've been reading on this forum for years, so STFU *******s!
Calm down child. Falcon kick always sucked. But yes, Falcon got the nerf stick. But everyone knows Snake is Captain Falcon without the mask.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
There is a pro version of every character. Look at Pichu or Mewtwo from Melee. They had pro users. Not very many of course, but they definitely had some. The same will be true with Brawl Falcon. Falcon is so popular and has such a solid fanbase that there will be somebody crazy enough to master him. It's inevitable. Will he be the worst pro ever in Brawl? Maybe. Time will tell. But I honestly have no doubt that there will come a day when a pro Falcon emerges in some form or another.

No matter how good or bad a character is, there will always be someone who is devoted to them.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Falcon's priority sucks. Falcon's knee is situational.

...point being..?

Play him in a way that minimzes his considerable weaknesses and plays to his few strengths. Hard, but doable.

mesCo

Smash Cadet
Yea, i agree, theres always going to be ppl using falcon

Runeblade makes a very good point to only use falcons strengths

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29bTGlYirTg

this dude never uses a raptor boost and rarely a falcon kick yet he is still very good
keep in mind the video is relatively old

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I know, seriously no character ever deserves to be made nearly as bad as Falcon is in Brawl.

Actually the Falcon kick is quite a bit more useful in Brawl. It passes through shields more easily, and has less ending lag. This along with very few other attacks should be used for approaching, which Falcon is otherwise horrible at. I'm pretty sure this is actually one of few attacks that got more priority, but I could be mistaken.

The Raptor Boost IMO is even more pointless. It's slower, more punishable, and does less damage.

Actually, there is a plus side to the gimp knee. That can frequently cause tripping, which is useful for techchasing setups. Otherwise yeah. No combos into the Knee sucks a lot.

Yeah. The Elbow is much too slow in both Melee and Brawl, and in Brawl it's harder to land because the hitbox seems to be smaller.

Anyhow you're not the only one who's upset about how horribly nerfed Falcon is.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Rant #1: Yes he has **** priority. That is like ancient history
Rant #2: A flubbed knee can cause tripping which is good for tech chasing but yeah other than that it is pretty punishable
Rant #3: Every Falcon user in melee or brawl probably missed this move because it was one of falcon's best ranged ground attacks. They better bring this move back in the next SSB along with L cancel, WDing, not so many air dodges and faster gameplay.

Did you want someone to contradict these rants or something? I'm sorry but no one ever will.

Zamato

Smash Rookie
Don't get me wrong, Falcon is fun to play with when versing Lv. 9 comps and n00b humans, but once the heat starts getting turned up, I'm going with someone els!

vills

Smash Cadet
there will always be someone that can b pro with captain falcon
and vills will prove it=D

......i think

Top Bottom