• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Weekend Atlanta 13 Smash Tourney

FirstTigerHobbes

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else going to this? AWA13 is held this Sept 21-23 in Atlanta. There will be a Doubles as well as a Singles Tournament. I can't wait!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Ah man marty, last time it was single round matches = GAYYY.
I'm going :D

SleepyK

**** guys, this is the same weekend as MLG Orlando, and I kind of wanted to go to a Halo event (lol i'll be a coach)... I haven't not- gone to AWA since living in Georgia though. AWA or MLG Orlando?

FirstTigerHobbes

Smash Rookie
Why did you even bother making a thread about this?
You already know all 168 limited spots are going to be filled.
They had better not be filled! I'm not going for all the anime stuff; I'm going for the Smashing. This is my first time going, and I don't want it to be a waste.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
I mean im all for a smash tourney, but the rules on this one looked a little effed up. Particularly the hyrule temple unbanned. Prelims are gonna be ruthless with no 2/3 >< bring your goggles because someones gonna foam at the mouth when they sd with only 3 stock xD

Super Smash Bros Melee 1v1
General Rules:
• No Items
• Pause is disabled
• Players may bring their own gamecube controller (un-modded)
• Random Stage unless players decide within 10 seconds*
• When picking a character you must pick within 10 seconds or you will go random

Tournament Structure:
Qualifiers
• Single Elimination
• 3 stock 4 minute timed match
Top-16
• Double Elimination 2 out of 3 matches, 5 stock 8 minutes timed
• Winner of previous battle must keep character, loser may repick
• Loser of previous battle picks stage

*Stages-on for Random
• Final Destination
• Dream Land 64
• Pokemon Stadium
• Yoshi’s Story
• Fountain of Dreams
• Battlefield
• Hyrule Temple (AWA preferred stage!)

SleepyK

it's the same as last year; gay but time-efficient.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I mean im all for a smash tourney, but the rules on this one looked a little effed up. Particularly the hyrule temple unbanned. Prelims are gonna be ruthless with no 2/3 >< bring your goggles because someones gonna foam at the mouth when they sd with only 3 stock xD
gayness

i should be able to make this tourney (THANK GOODNESS)

hopefully i can register in time to get one of those however many spots laijin mentioned.... owell

FirstTigerHobbes

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm kind of wondering how a 4 minute time limit on a Hyrule Temple match seems like a good idea. Oh, well, here's hoping for a better level.

Top Bottom