• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing Stage Idea

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I figured since the chances of an Animal Crossing character becoming playable may be low, it could be represented as a stage instead.

Please excuse the crudeness of this drawing but, the general idea should be seen. It takes place near the ocean on the pieces of land that go out further than the beach. Only the tops of the trees can be jumped on so the trunks don't get in the way. I thought it'd be neat if the trees had random fruits on them that would grow every 30 or 60 seconds, like Whispy Woods from Kirby's stage, and when you jumped on the tree they would fall and become items.

It'd be neat if a randomly selected animal (out of a select few ofcourse) were to walk out of the house every once in a while and do the 'Surprised' emotion when they notice your fighters brawling and then cheer when someone gets smashed or KO'd.

Ofcourse if you fall too deeply into the water you'd die just like in Termina Bay. I wasn't sure if the river should have a bridge over it or not, but oh well.

Gulliver's UFO being a passing platform that sometimes appears would be a neat little cameo. The balloon seemed like an obvious thing to do too.

Animal Crossing's real-time feature should be implemented in some way. The stage should go through a full day time cycle in maybe...60 seconds. Each time it does it should change season which, could change the tree color, perhaps rain in the summer and snow in the winter. Rainbows could appear in the sky in the spring. Oh, also during the night, constellations should appear.

Ofcourse a great stage needs plenty of easter eggs and cameos! Perhaps a human character could be fishing off to the side on the beach and he'd pull up a random fish depending on the season. All the familiar buildings should be seen in the background...maybe with the character waving. Hey maybe even Kapp'n could row by! Pete could be seen flying by in the sky.

Ah well, I was just kind of brainstorming the other day when i was thinking of this. What do you think of all this? Also, discuss your ideas on an Animal Crossing stage.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I've seen a better idea somewhere else.

It takes place on top of a cliff, like in the GCN Animal Crossing. In the middle is a river, which goes in a waterfall (which is also the point where you can fall of the stage). On the left side of the river is Nook's Cranny, on the right, well, maybe just nothing.

It's just a simple level, like Onett. It doesn't have to be special. If you really want something special out of it, you could maybe have some background stuff, or have it rain or something, maybe some snow, or having Pete fly by (who will sometimes drop items), the balloons are also a good idea. But it doesn't have to be much. Animal Crossing never was much.

I also don't like the island idea. Let's just make the left and right side walkable, like many other levels (Mushroom Kingdom, Onett). Side falldowns aren't a requirement.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of an AC stage, and you're right in that it should have plenty of easter eggs and cameos, but doesn't it seem a little small?.. Well, I know compared to half the stages in the newest trailer it's quite big, but I'm still hoping for some bigger and more interesting ones..

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
I like Oasis_S's concept picture, actually. Just make it a TINY bit bigger, and add a couple more AC cameos and events. Resetti popping out of his hole or something would be a good idea. Maybe landing on trees could make items fall out? Then that gift hanging from the balloon could only drop rarer items (example: smash orbs, stars, hammers, home run bats, etc.).

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I like Oasis_S's concept picture, actually. Just make it a TINY bit bigger, and add a couple more AC cameos and events. Resetti popping out of his hole or something would be a good idea. Maybe landing on trees could make items fall out? Then that gift hanging from the balloon could only drop rarer items (example: smash orbs, stars, hammers, home run bats, etc.).
Yeah, I agree.
And don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that I don't like you're stage, I just would like it to get a little bigger.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
I would like two Animal Crossing courses:

1. On Animal Island from the Gamecube verison

2. By the Waterfall with Nook's Cranny in the course.

Top Bottom