• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anarchy Online FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
Hm.. Only till January next year... and they can cut it off whenever they like....
I'm downloading it now, and I'm gonna read up on it. Whether I decide to keep downloading or not will be decided soon.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's not worth it still. I was in the beta, well I was signed up for it. First, the 25 hour download (servers were slow with DSL) were mostly corrupted. After 2 weeks of annoying techical support circles, I get in and realize the game was in shambles. I leave the beta and return a year later. It's quite boring. The newbie area is downright impossible to have fun in and the game itself it stupid and boring. I left the newbie area early and everyone was like level 30+ right out the exit. That's when I quit for good. It had a lot of promise too.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
Yeah, I read about it... It didn't appeal to me at all.
Then I looked at the file size.
I wasn't going to download something that big, and waste that much time for a game I probably won't enjoy. Meh.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd just post in it anyway.

Whoa, its a shame you guys didn't give Anarchy Online (AO) a chance. Me and my 2 brothers have been playing it for ages and there's no doubt in my mind that its one of the best (if not the best) MMORPGS out there. Oh and yes I have tried WoW and its rubbish compared to AO.

The problem with AO (now days) is that the playerbase is very low and it is a game that actually requires the use of your brain (please don't take that literally). It is a very complicated game but once you get the hang of it, its great. Funcom (the creators of Anarchy Online) keep saying that the game is only free until January 20**. But this has been going on for years, I highly doubt they will end the free version, its what basically keeps the game alive.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd just post in it anyway.

Whoa, its a shame you guys didn't give Anarchy Online (AO) a chance. Me and my 2 brothers have been playing it for ages and there's no doubt in my mind that its one of the best (if not the best) MMORPGS out there. Oh and yes I have tried WoW and its rubbish compared to AO.

The problem with AO (now days) is that the playerbase is very low and it is a game that actually requires the use of your brain (please don't take that literally). It is a very complicated game but once you get the hang of it, its great. Funcom (the creators of Anarchy Online) keep saying that the game is only free until January 20**. But this has been going on for years, I highly doubt they will end the free version, its what basically keeps the game alive.
wait using your head MMO WHAT??? <---This not true

But yeah AO is one of the better MMOs out there but I really don't think it can be compared to WoW its too different, just like how Eve can't be compared to anything except having a second job, ohhh sick burn.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL! This thread was created before I even joined SWF!

Unfortunately, it now somewhat violates our advertising policies (the first post does, anyway), and the link doesn't even work.

Feel free to create a thread in the Light House for discussing this game. Don't make it look like an advertisement, though. :p (I'm mostly referencing the whole "FREE" aspect. You can mention that it's free, but don't make it look like a SIGN-UP-TODAY thread.)

Computer Cafe is for technical discussion and whatnot, not game discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom