• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An OU RMT Thread

NanakiXIV

Smash Rookie
So I'm a new guy here :bee:

Anyways, a few others and myself were trying to get a GLC started on another forum because of how DEAD it is right now, and I'm one of the gym leaders. The rule is that I must have five of the same type of pokemon on my team, and I am allowed one Wild Card. My type is Water, and I was wondering how my team looks:

Gym Leader Castle: Water

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish | Torrent
252 HP/220 Def/36 Atk
Stealth Rock/Ice Punch/Earthquake/Scald

A pretty standard Lead Swampert. Ice Punch is for grass types that may (and most likely will) show up, EQ for STAB, Scald for a burn chance. I also picked Swampert to cover for an Electric type as well.

Politoed@Leftovers
Bold | Drizzle
252 HP/220 Def/36 Sp.D
31 HP/31 Atk/30 Def/30 Sp.A/ 30 Sp.D/30 Spd (IVs)
Scald/Ice Beam/Encore/Hidden Power (Fighting)

Yes, it's another weather team :). The EV spread is to try to make it last as long as it can instead of having it instantly sacrificed. Scald for STAB and burn chance, Ice Beam for type coverage, Encore really for giggles, and HP Fighting was mostly for Ferrothorn, but can also be used for type coverage as well. I'm still a bit sketchy with Encore, so if anyone can think of a move to replace it, I'll thank you now in advance.

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Calm | Rain Dish
252 HP/136 Sp.D/120 Def
Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin/Scald/Venoshock

Tentacruel is a sort of support pokemon on my team. With only 196 Defense, it may seem physically weak, but its wicked 341 Special Defense can make it a great wall. Toxic Spikes for added entry hazards, Rapid Spin to get rid of them, Scald for STAB/burn chance, and Venoshock for another STAB attack, but also from the boosted power when the opponent is poisoned. Rain Dish is used in conjunction with Black Sludge for a greater HP gain each turn.

Vaporeon@Rocky Helmet
Bold | Hydration
252 HP/220 Sp.D/36 Def
Rest/Scald/Acid Armor/Baton Pass

Vaporeon also greatly gains support from Politoed's Drizzle, as it allows it to not only recover from status problems, but also allows it to awaken immediately after using Rest. Vaporeon is also a great partner with Tentacruel, as it can Baton Pass Defense boosts from Acid Armor to cover for its weak Defense. Rest for healing, Scald for STAB/Burn chance, Acid Armor for Defense boosts, and Baton Pass to pass those boosts

Cloyster@Life Orb
Jolly | Skill Link
252 Atk/208 Spd/48 HP
Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast/Razor Shell

Pretty standard Shell Smash Cloyster, and my only true attacker. I opted for Life Orb rather than a White Herb since a White Herb is a one time use item. Shell Smash for the boosts, and three attacks for damage (two STAB, two to use in conjunction with Skill Link.)

Chansey@Eviolite
Calm | Natural Cure
252 HP, Def/4 Sp.D
Heal Bell/Wish/Flamethrower/Seismic Toss

Chansey is my Wild Card, which can be used as a Special Wall and a Healer. I would usually go with Aromatherapy, but since that's not available with Wish, I went with Heal Bell. Heal Bell and Wish for healing, Seismic Toss for an efficient attack, and Flamethrower so as to not get walled by Ghost types and also to be rid of Grass types as well.

So that's the team. I hope I get some good reviews and I'll thank everyone in advance now for taking your time into looking at my team.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Drop Chansey, be a REAL gym leader and use six Water-types.

HP Fighting from Politoed isn't going to do **** to Ferrothorn. It's like an 8HKO. Replace Chansey with a Poliwrath.

4 SpAtk Politoed Hidden Power Fighting vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Ferrothorn: 17.61% - 21.02%
7-9 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Top Bottom