• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An observation and a question

elitegmr

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, and I checked all of the posts in the Ice Climbers thread & found nothing, so I thought I'd ask.

While in training with the Ice Climbers, I noticed that if you walk into someone (not dashing, as that would initiate a dash attack) and hit down on the c-stick, and are in the same position where Jigglypuff's rest would hit, that is to say, pushed into them, your down smash deals around 39% damage, with a total of 4 hits. Now it only works with both Ice Climbers, and I'm not very knowledgeable about DIs & such having no one to test it with, but is that not a lot of damage? I may be missing something but I tried it on a number of different characters and stages, and it seems to work consistently. I would be much appreciative if someone filled me in on this, and whether or not it's well known.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize if this was a redundant topic.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
That's MAJOR damage. Keep in mind Charizard's side+b does 48% (one of the strongest attacks), so 39% is very good. It's what I used AND spammed in Boss Battles, hoping to get lucky and "sweetspot" it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well, in an actual battle it would be hard to get that close to an opponent. but yeah if you can thats REALLY good!

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Remember you also have to land the hits with both ice climbers, which is rather hard for me, because im usually desynced or something... but yeah it's a very, very strong move.

Top Bottom