• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An interesting property of dsmash

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was messing around today, and I noticed that over 28%, the stun effect of dsmash cannot be interrupted by the first two hits of the jab combo. Thus, if you're fast enough, combos such as Dsmash --> Jab --> Plasma Whip are possible, doing 32% damage. Thus, if you can get off a dsmash, don't just think about grabbing, think about what you can do with a jab in there.

Note that this effect is not present in the Paralyzer, at least not at percentages that are practical.

Another thing I've noticed is that bair has a fairly decent hitbox right around the becoming area where Zamus' thigh meets her hip, which does 1% less damage (12%) and has roughly the same knockback, but in the other direction, not unlike the backwards hitbox in Sheik's fair from Melee. This isn't necessarily the safest option, but it's something to keep in mind if you find yourself in need of it.

Kawaii

Smash Rookie
I accidently did this yesterday, didn't press the R shield hard enough and saw the jabs not interupting the stun. I didn't think it was amazing though. Instead I moved my shield to the Y button right after.

mista-sprinkles

Smash Cadet
I always tried to use d-smash as an edge guard, but i could never really get any knockback out of her whip when they were suspended in the air. ill try some different stuff and see if this works
thanks.

Top Bottom