• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

an interesting happening

Linkguy

Smash Cadet
Just something interesting i found, just throwing this out there for all who havnt experienced this.

I was playing a friend of mine. He was Wolf, I was Link. He was in bomb throwing distance so as i was messing around with some fake dashes, I threw a bomb at him that i had been holding onto for a few secs already, but accidently threw it in the wrong direction. So i get fsmashed by him. I was at above 150% and was at the edge of the stage so i was going to get ko'd when something amazing happened, as went fying through the air i crossed the bomb that i accidently threw in the opposite direction of him, it exploded, knocking me back and saving me.

its a very situational technique, i cannot emphasive how situational, but its pretty nice to know. god i love link, and god i wish i had video of this, ****** amazing.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
Just something interesting i found, just throwing this out there for all who havnt experienced this.

I was playing a friend of mine. He was Wolf, I was Link. He was in bomb throwing distance so as i was messing around with some fake dashes, I threw a bomb at him that i had been holding onto for a few secs already, but accidently threw it in the wrong direction. So i get fsmashed by him. I was at above 150% and was at the edge of the stage so i was going to get ko'd when something amazing happened, as went fying through the air i crossed the bomb that i accidently threw in the opposite direction of him, it exploded, knocking me back and saving me.

its a very situational technique, i cannot emphasive how situational, but its pretty nice to know. god i love link, and god i wish i had video of this, ****** amazing.
Lol, I wouldn't call it a technique at all. If you know that he'll to a fsmash, it'd be better to shield it, then up-b, or something to that effect.
Edit: It's odd though, because I thought that in Brawl bombs didn't change the course when someone's flying off, unlike in melee. Well, Whut_ever.

Linkguy

Smash Cadet
Lol, I wouldn't call it a technique at all. If you know that he'll to a fsmash, it'd be better to shield it, then up-b, or something to that effect.
Edit: It's odd though, because I thought that in Brawl bombs didn't change the course when someone's flying off, unlike in melee. Well, Whut_ever.
yea ur right, its not a technique. my bad :embarrass

and i'm pretty sure it doesnt have any uses, cuz you could just sheild the fsmash, still good to know though. but it definately happened, you should have seen the WTF look on my friends face, and mine

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
What luck! Holding a bomb for a long time when at high % isn't all that bad for when you fly off the stage since the bimb should slow you down and you have time to recover. (You should be able to recover anywhere with Link's god recovery.)

D

Deleted member

that reminds me of when i was playing my brothers link with my peach, i got caught under pokemon stadium's left ledge. i didnt press down and he ended up throwing a bomb thinking i wouldnt hit it, i hit it and flew back up to the ledge :D

morale of the story? don't throw bombs off the edge

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
bombs are my friends, i always use them for pressuring and such. Thats a cool story by the way, if there was some kind of guaranteed tactic that was like that, then it would've been a new AT, but for now, its a cool story.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
yea ur right, its not a technique. my bad :embarrass

and i'm pretty sure it doesnt have any uses, cuz you could just sheild the fsmash, still good to know though. but it definately happened, you should have seen the WTF look on my friends face, and mine
Mm, after playing some more, I'm believing it more and more.
I wonder what conditions must be met for the bomb not to impede/redirect, but rather to add to the force. Maybe it's just random.

Top Bottom