• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Informative Video on the Charizard VS. Sheik Matchup

SHATT3R

Smash Rookie
NNID
LagasaurusRex_2
Just thought that I would share this video. I'd say that it does a pretty good job at explaining this matchup.

Last edited:

arbustopachon

Smash Journeyman
I know the video is joking, but nevertheless let me say that the Sheik matchup is terrible for Charizard.
She combos us to high heaven, forces us to approach, the jab2 setup doesn´t really work on her and she can juggle us for eternity.
We are a big target for her hitconfirms and our frame data is not good enough to punish her.
In order to win this matchup we have to severly outplay Sheik. Rage benefits us more than her but thats about it.
Not that will live long enough to actually use rage in our advantage what with her 50/50s and her gimping us.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I know the video is joking, but nevertheless let me say that the Sheik matchup is terrible for Charizard.
She combos us to high heaven, forces us to approach, the jab2 setup doesn´t really work on her and she can juggle us for eternity.
We are a big target for her hitconfirms and our frame data is not good enough to punish her.
In order to win this matchup we have to severly outplay Sheik. Rage benefits us more than her but thats about it.
Not that will live long enough to actually use rage in our advantage what with her 50/50s and her gimping us.
Eh, the Shiek MU isn't terrible; just quite difficult. It's an MU where our tech is highly important, yes, but not a terrible MU. Charizard doesn't really have a terrible MU; just MU's that are really difficult, but manageable.

It's not like poor old Samus, who gets positively walled by characters like Shiek. Charizard's MUs against those characters are really difficult, but very manageable once you figure out how to play around their flaws. He's kind of like the revamped Mewtwo in that regard; difficult, but definitely viable.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Idunno. Define viable. I would argue there are very few unwinnable matchups in this game, if any. I mean, JWest's Samus took a game off ZERO'S SHEIK. But I feel like Zard is really quite easy to play around compared to most characters. A character can't be tourney viable (as in, winning tourneys) with a bunch of really difficult matchups. You have to be that much better than multiple tournament players.

EvilPinkamina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EvilPinkamina
Your "backup" character would have to be a high tier that is better in a majority of matchups, in which Charizard would become the backup character. Look at Remzi, Bloodcross, etc.

TDOB

Smash Rookie
NNID
TDoobie
I don't think picking up a pocket makes your main any more viable. It absolutely can help you improve and win more as a player, but it doesn't add anything to the character itself.

Your character pool is viable. Charizard doesn't become viable by being put in a viable character pool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom