• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An excellent recovery tactic

PXTalon2000

Smash Ace
I haven't posted here in a while, but I did something that was just... so funny and effective it was wonderful with Bowser last night.

While being down-air spiked by a former tourney-player's Falco, I wall-teched and instantly used Bowser's forward B... and proceeded to chomp on my opponent as he descended with me from 30% to the grave.

Most people by now are pretty comfortable with the concept of wallteching recovery. Often wallteching with Bowser leads to... Well.. absolutely nothing because sometimes you just jump off and can't upB backwards far enough. Maybe you all know some way I could have actually *survived* this encounter, but...

I'm going to keep doing this because it's completely hilarious.

(Maybe this is old; I dunno.. havun' been on these fora in a while.)

MikeyLombardi

Smash Cadet
Great stuff. Actually, depending on the stage, you can wall tech and Bowser Bomb. It will be interrupted by the ledge grabbing animation, and your opponent will be forced to back away or eat big Bowser butt.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
That is really cool man. I've always wanted to do something to that form of jumping from the edge and then koopa clawing somebody. Most of the people I fight don't really give me a chance to do it though.:(

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this isn't really a "recovery" tactic so much as a "if i'm going to die i might as well take you down too" tactic.

plus it sounds like your bowser has ludicrous/impossibly long range on his klaw, unless your falco is like hanging out under the stage for some reason lol

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, I don't get it, how can you wall tech this move? Any chance of you drawing a picture to get a better idea of what you mean?

Gojira

Smash Lord
I haven't posted here in a while, but I did something that was just... so funny and effective it was wonderful with Bowser last night.

While being down-air spiked by a former tourney-player's Falco, I wall-teched and instantly used Bowser's forward B... and proceeded to chomp on my opponent as he descended with me from 30% to the grave.

Most people by now are pretty comfortable with the concept of wallteching recovery. Often wallteching with Bowser leads to... Well.. absolutely nothing because sometimes you just jump off and can't upB backwards far enough. Maybe you all know some way I could have actually *survived* this encounter, but...

I'm going to keep doing this because it's completely hilarious.

(Maybe this is old; I dunno.. havun' been on these fora in a while.)
LMAO

I want to do that but have it NOT be a suicidal claw, oh how glorious that would be.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Well, i can see how it works.

When i play as ganon, often times when i ledge tech, i ledge tech jump, and interrupt my ledge tech jump with an up-b, so that i can up-b them before the lag of their move ends. This (when i did it right) always gives me a free pass to the ledge (unless it's against a marth tipper or so).

Now, sometimes I mess up and do a side-b instead of an up-b. Now, i'm not sure about bowser, but i'm pretty sure side-b doesn't slow down his horizontal movement from a ledge tech jump. If it does, koopa klaw from a ledge tech jump would be fairly simple to do.

One of the things I don't like about bowser's recovery is that ledgeteching and metero cancelling is so much more useless than for other chars. I just tech and i fall to my death.

Also, i'm FAIRLY sure bowser can recove from a ledge tech jump, as I recall doing it before (but he's still vey vulnerable). Actually, bowser wall jumping looks very weird. Just FYI, i was watching old videos of tipman and ganon's bair can be done out of ganon's ledge tech jump and reaches far enough to hit them.

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
can you throw when you are in the air when you have them in the koopa claw move? That would be better cause you could just jump back up..

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
yes, you can throw in the air while in the koopa klaw. However, it takes a certain amount of time to do this, and so you're not goign to recover from it.

When they are at low to moderate percentages, they can recover from it. Holding them in a suicide drop seems far more effective, since you're going to die anyways, so you might as well take them out. Just bite them, making the grab time longer, and plus when they break out they are stunned for a short period.

Top Bottom