• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Awesome Way To Use Lucas's Up-Smash

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
So since Lucas came out I've been trying to find an easier way to use his up smash without getting punished, so.. i was in the "lab" playing cpus and found out that around 100% or so you can use full hop dair hitting all or 3-4 hits fast fall to up smash. since the dair is a spike it bounces them off the ground making them a target for the up smash. As i keep trying this combo i noticed that after the dair hits the cpu they try to airdodge or attack me both of these tactics failed because the up smash is slow and wide enough to catch the airdodge and also Lucas has a small invincibility window when he uses his up smash. I tried this out with friends and people on for glory and it seems to work 90% of the time, please feel free to prove me wrong or tell me what you think.(also p.s. first thread i've ever made on a character.)
Here's a video showing the combo: https://twitter.com/Ow3nTV/status/619898539259396096
EDIT: Another thing I've found is u can do an uair after the they get spiked after the dair so that could be a safer combo before the hitstun runs out

Last edited:

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
This is not guaranteed, not only because there's not enough hitstun, but also because d-air spikes on the ground can be teched (makes them stick on the ground so they can act faster). The hardest part is gonna be landing the d-air, and once you do, reacting fast enough to pull off the u-smash. I can see this working well enough in For Glory though, as long as you don't telegraph it too much.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
This is not guaranteed, not only because there's not enough hitstun, but also because d-air spikes on the ground can be teched (makes them stick on the ground so they can act faster). The hardest part is gonna be landing the d-air, and once you do, reacting fast enough to pull off the u-smash. I can see this working well enough in For Glory though, as long as you don't telegraph it too much.
Although there isn't enough hitstun if the opponent can't expect it their failed tech will due them in for the up smash also I react real fast as soon as I hear the dair hits

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
Although there isn't enough hitstun if the opponent can't expect it their failed tech will due them in for the up smash also I react real fast as soon as I hear the dair hits
They can jump out right as hitstun ends...

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Yeah, I remember testing this on day 1 and was disappointed to find that they can jump out of it before the Up-Smash comes out, though if they panic and throw out an aerial or airdodge I suppose it could be used sparingly as a mixup. You generally have more reliable options off of groundbounce Dair spikes, like Uair or Fair.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
I actually did this exact combo today on accident. It worked and I would definitely use it often if I could set it up, but I think it should be used very sparingly, because if your opponent sees it coming, they could probably avoid it with most non-large characters. But it is a great combo and I still would recommend learning it.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
There's a certain window if you fullhop dair where the move ends a bit before you land. During this, you can fastfall to the ground, and unleash an upTILT. THIS is a true 6-hit combo at almost any percent.

At high percents the close hitbox of dtilt also true combos into uptilt. So that's...also cool.

Top Bottom