• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An attack using Link's Specials

MetaHybrid

Smash Rookie
First ever post on Smash Boards. I don't use Link as my main character, I only use him since people on my forum said he wasn't anywhere near as good as Toon Link, and I guess I like using "Low Tier" characters.

ANYWAY......

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, and I'm sure many people know about it already, but I haven't seen anything, so hear goes.

Something I like doing with Link when I'm facing one on one, since most of the time this won't work with more opponents. It may or may not be escapable once it's pulled off on a certain part of the attack. It's a neat trick that involves three of Link's Specials.

The Bomb, the Boomerang, and the Spin Attack.

1. Pull out a Bomb
2. Throw your Boomerang above your opponent, so it doesn't hit him, make sure the Boomerang is traveling horizontally, and not any other way.
3. As your Gale Boomerang comes back, throw the bomb at your (hopefully grounded) opponent.
4. The impact of the Bomb will knock your opponent upwards, and the pulling force of the Boomerang will cause them to be pulled towards you.
5. Now they are stunned, and being pulled toward you while in the air. Unleash a spin attack for a nice hit as they draw near. You might even be able to charge it up a bit.

I don't know if this will work on skilled players. Chances of pulling this off is pretty darn slim but it's something that Link can do, and it feels good to pull off. Of course there are other tricks you can accomplish with these three moves, using different directions, length of the Boomerang throw, and attacks, but that's for you to think of. This is just one idea.

Hopefully this isn't completely useless, and some people can actually pull it off.

and....um......THIS IS AN AMAZING DISCOVERY! :p

Top Bottom