• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

am i the only one who thinks Ikes too overused and too powerful?

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
I know im probly gonna get flamers for this 1...Everytime I wifi I see ppl using Ike like 30 times!! Also everytime I see Ike he ALWAYS wins no matter who the person is. who agrees with me? (I'll be waiting)

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
In FFA's and 2v2.. Ike is a GOD. Thus, people use him.

In 1v1, however, he's not so godly. Still beastly, but not Godly.

If you having real problems with Ike, I suggest picking up Dedede. He's almost a perfect counter to Ike. *Flameshields*

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
hmmmm. i mained kirby. i tried dedede hes cool and all but hes just too heavy and slow for me. my friend kicked my butt when i used dedede and she doesnt even own smash bros!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The amount of Ikes online is rather annoying, yes.

But it's lots of fun beating Ikes, just because I know that those Ikes don't know what they're doing and just picked him thinking they'd grab an easy win.

And those 80% Ike KO's with Lucas' Usmash are so satisfying.

Farnsworth

Smash Cadet
If you're losing to every Ike you meet up with, something is wrong. Most of the people who play Ike online just spam his smashes and up-B move, thinking that this is a good tactic. I rarely fight another decent Ike. I just spectated a team match where whoever played Ike either had never played SSBB before, or just didn't comprehend logical thought. But for advice on Ike, if someone is spamming Aether, roll out of the way, then move in while they're recovering.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
If you're losing to every Ike you meet up with, something is wrong. Most of the people who play Ike online just spam his smashes and up-B move, thinking that this is a good tactic. I rarely fight another decent Ike. I just spectated a team match where whoever played Ike either had never played SSBB before, or just didn't comprehend logical thought. But for advice on Ike, if someone is spamming Aether, roll out of the way, then move in while they're recovering.
well yes of course ive beaten him a few times before but yeah. alot of ikes i see get in 1rst when i'm playing with 3 other players

TriviaGem

Smash Rookie
Overused? Yes.

Too powerful? Yes, but his lag evens him out. ...I think. >>"

I don't have a Wii, and the place I go to play Brawl has the worst connection to Wi-Fi ever, so I dunno how many people use a certain character. Hopefully there will be less Ikes on Wi-Fi in a few months. :)

veritron

Smash Cadet
i can't remember ever losing to an ike online with luigi and i must've played a dozen of them.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of Ikes but most of them stink. On average I can beat almost all of the Ike's I run into and I play as him myself. Ike is stupidly powerful but people that don't know how to play with him really leave themselves open to punishment a lot. Due to slow execution learn to sidestep and you can dodge a LOT of what Ike tries to dish out. Not to mention Ike smashes are only for when there is a clear opening, save for his downsmash which makes a good space clearer to get some distance from your enemies.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Most Ikes online SUCK. Don't worry about it, just keep beating their ***** until they finally realize that they suck with Ike and should move on.
If you ever play a half decent Ike, then think to yourself, "Hmm... He's all right..."

And if you ever get your *** kicked by Ike, then just think to yourself, "Holy crap! I just got rocked!"

Rangles

Smash Rookie
Ike is WAY overused.

Not even an arguable fact.

Although I have to admit he is one of my easier matches, especially with the terribles online, heh.

R A N D O M

Smash Rookie
I'm depressed, my main is being used as a noobkill character. (Though, of course, it was predictable, seeing the amazingly easy pick-up-and-play value of Ike)

If you're seeing too many noob Ikes beating you online, learn how to play Olimar. He is possibly the ultimate Ike counter.

blue_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Ike is overused. But that will never change. If you think Ike is powerful now, then wait until the casuals start to go away. At that point you'll start seeing better Ikes.

I normally play Ike, then Snake, then DeDeDe unless another person plays Ike and uses Fsmash way too much. I then place my Ike against his, but I do try to mix it up instead of spamming.

Top Bottom