• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who thinks Bowser needs a small nerf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Eh since I play Bowser I kinda wish we had a invincible Fortress like Giga Bowser had in Melee. But besides fixing Side B for consistency Bowser is pretty great as is.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
We can ask for nerfs, 1.04 was the last balance patch anyway. Better learn the match-ups now than hoping for Sakurai to do things.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
A lot of people think characters needs nerfs of buffs. It's never a thread-worthy instance ever.
Objectively speaking, there are people on these boards with enough experience in the metagame to say when something is broken or at least overpowered.

I mean, I believe we should draw attention to things like endless combos and whatnot (that seems to get them patched faster).

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm gonna whine and say Tough Guy needs a buff. Was fighting one of my battle buddies and he was Game and Watch and once I am put in a situation where I am the ledge he is perfectly spaced with his Frying Pan special and I pretty much just lose. It doesn't matter how I get back up. I get juggled by black food and then eat a fast as hell chair attack and then I die. Other then that the match was in my favor. And Fire Breath comes out too slow and I run the risk of building G/W's Oil Spill attack.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
@ MagiusNecros MagiusNecros I really wish that Tough Guy was a bigger thing instead of only applying to some very specific moves. Would be cool if most jabs didnt flinch to about 40-50%
Yeah Tough Guy isn't that helpful in the long run. I'd just love it if Tough Guy was active for attacks that did 5% or less damage.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Objectively speaking, there are people on these boards with enough experience in the metagame to say when something is broken or at least overpowered.

I mean, I believe we should draw attention to things like endless combos and whatnot (that seems to get them patched faster).
If you are admitting you're complaining with the purpose of developers reading complaints and responding with patches, that's exactly the kind of behaviour this forum isn't about. This is not a dev forum and not a place they check, and we can't allow discussions to essentially turn ito activist 'be loud so the devs get the message' threads. This is not the WoW or LoL forums. Don't complain with the sole intent being dev attention.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If you are admitting you're complaining with the purpose of developers reading complaints and responding with patches, that's exactly the kind of behaviour this forum isn't about. This is not a dev forum and not a place they check, and we can't allow discussions to essentially turn ito activist 'be loud so the devs get the message' threads. This is not the WoW or LoL forums. Don't complain with the sole intent being dev attention.
No, because the best way to get an endless combo patched out is to tell everyone about it. If it appears constantly in game, the devs are far more likely to take notice.

Also, discussion with my fellow players about the strengths and weaknesses of a character hardly constitutes "complaining". Yes, we agree that Dsmash could use a buff, but we also agree that Bowser has tons of strengths as well.

I'm gonna whine and say Tough Guy needs a buff. Was fighting one of my battle buddies and he was Game and Watch and once I am put in a situation where I am the ledge he is perfectly spaced with his Frying Pan special and I pretty much just lose. It doesn't matter how I get back up. I get juggled by black food and then eat a fast as hell chair attack and then I die. Other then that the match was in my favor. And Fire Breath comes out too slow and I run the risk of building G/W's Oil Spill attack.
Tough guy actually works AGAINST Bowser in its current state because Bowser goes into "Matrix Mode" while he's being peppered with light attacks, thus ensuring that nearly 2X the number of those attacks can hit him meaning it would've been better if he had just been knocked away instead.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Tough guy actually works AGAINST Bowser in its current state because Bowser goes into "Matrix Mode" while he's being peppered with light attacks, thus ensuring that nearly 2X the number of those attacks can hit him meaning it would've been better if he had just been knocked away instead.
The whole blip about No Flinching is basically a lie. Back in Brawl with Stickers I could get Ganondorf to not "flinch" and not have any form of hitstun whatsoever until high percents. Could still act at max speed even when hit by attacks. But here when TG is in effect it still flinches Bowser and only goes into slow mo actions if you input attacks. So basically Bowser is still affected by hitstun therefore he is still flinching from attacks. TG only seems to have situational uses and even then the only attack you can get off is a jab.

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
So I played an online tournament today, and was doing fine. I was in the losers bracket, lost one and a DQ for the next. I faced this Charizard/Bowser. He was really good, yes, and I could see that with Charizard, he smoked me, but when it came to Bowser I felt something was up.

He has a fast sprint, he has good aerials, he could ground pound, get out of every single combo that usually works on others, he can get to high percents and kill at low percents, everything I missed got me punished, adding 30%+ onto my damage since his damage is so high, he is very combo heavy, and easy to use.

I was salty after the game, because in my 500+ matches in For Glory, and in my entire Smash existence, I never felt like something was this OP. I went into a game vs a lvl 9. I usually beat them with characters I know/kinda know, but I had never played Bowser. Sure enough, I 2 stocked him. Easily.

I mainly think that either his kill power or ability to last up until 150%+ should be removed, both together makes for an OP character. Don't flame, its an opinion on its own, but I just wanna know what you think.

I think the biggest issue OP had was basing his bowser knowledge MU on FG matches. I'm pretty sure its standard knowledge that bowser can be weak on a purely flat stage and when you put him on ones with platforms I feel his power is a bit more menacing, especially against projectile characters that he struggles against. As for your issues with him though, bowser is a character of reads and patience. You need to bait him into being reckless. A missed move on bowser means a lifetime of punishment, ya know?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Warning Received
Thank you for contributing. Such insight. Such knowledge. I'm positively beaming at your brilliance and intellect.
Look at this nerd trying to be a smartass. Sorry but I don't sit on my pc all day writing walls about a video game, the OP simply needs to get good. What made you feel the need to reply to my post?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Look at this nerd trying to be a smartass. Sorry but I don't sit on my pc all day writing walls about a video game, the OP simply needs to get good. What made you feel the need to reply to my post?
You said it.

-------------

Telling someone to get good without any feedback on how to fight against Bowser won't really help them especially since OP hasn't been active in this topic anyway. So one bad comment deserves another. You might not sit on your computer writing walls of text but you could at least make a decent post geared towards helping others. And as such the topic long moved on looking at the reasonable aspects of what should be buffed or nerfed. In this case the prospects of what is Bowser's Side B and in a more debatable fashion the Rage Mechanic that buffs everyone but Bowser gets a bigger benefit from it so he can kill with just a Ftilt.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
If you don't have the time to type out anything worth while you might as well not type anything at all. You are not contributing anything to the discussion by just telling someone to "get gud" without telling telling them what they can do to "get gud". What made you feel the need to reply to the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom