• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I had an idea a while ago, but I never got around to posting it until now. My idea was that every character would have an alternate form, triggered by pressing some button. (Down on the d-pad was my original idea, until I realised that the next-gen Smash game would be coming out on Wii, not gamecube)

Yes, this is like Zelda being able to transform into Shiek. But why can't other people tramsform as well? Here are my thoughts about how some characters could have alternate forms:

Link- Wolf Link
Mario- Racoon mario/Frog Mario (Either one)
Samus- Morph Ball
Ice climbers- Nana as leader (The moves yeild different results in this formation)
DK- Switches out with Diddy
Zelda- Shiek (Obviously)
Kirby- Perhaps when he does his copy ability, his Alternate form becomes whoever he did his copy ability on, and he gains *most* of their moves.
Fox- Switches out with Krystal
Pikachu- evolves into Raichu... or devolves into Pichu...

I know this will never happen, but it's fun to think about what characters could have as their alternate forms.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
That would involve doubling the amount of characters in Smash, something that definately won't happen. Also, it would be insanely difficult to keep a balanced game that way. The difference between Pikachu and Raichu is small, while the difference between wolf link and regular is extraordinary. It wouldn't be a balanced system.

Finally, to switch between Zelda and Shiek involves using the down b... so that would mean eliminating a move from every single character. Unless you suggest an item that would cause the change, such as I believe the Samus/Zamus change should be, but this system woudln't work for many characters. What would Ice Climber's alternate form be? How about Game and Watch? Wario?

It isn't a terrible idea, just one that would be insanely difficult to make work. It would also give all the characters the trait that made Zelda/Shiek unique and interesting.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
Very well put Zealot2120.

Your idea is very farfetch 'd ummmm, Aaron. That would be eliminating every characters down-b move when they could just have seperate characters. But every character should not have an alternaye form. Thats just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom