• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All-Star mode format thoughts

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As we all know, in Smash Wii U's All-Star mode, you face every fighter in reverse chronological order. However, because there isn't any randomness in this format, it gets pretty dull when you're facing the same fighters in the exact same order.

I feel that All-Star mode should've mixed things up a little by putting fighters into different categories, and you'd fight 2 fighters at a time. In every run, the groups that you'd face would be fought at random, instead of a set order.
  1. 1980's Hits: :4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob:
  2. Mario Universe (Group 1): :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr:
  3. Mario Universe (Group 2): :4dk::4drmario::4yoshi::4wario::4diddy::rosalina:
  4. The Legend of Zelda: :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:
  5. Metroid: :4samus::4zss:
  6. Kid Icarus: :4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
  7. Fire Emblem: :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
  8. 1990's Hits: :4falcon::4fox::4falco::4ness:
  9. Kirby: :4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
  10. Pokemon: :4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja:
  11. 2000's Hits: :4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk:
  12. 3rd Party Forces: :4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

Anyway, this thread is simply just a place for us to discuss our views on this game's All-Star mode.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Yeah, I have Brawl and don't like how it's the same order every time. And Olimar is the final boss. OLIMAR.

They should've just made the order random.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool to add an optional endurance mode similar to the Ultimate Battle in the Co-op events. I.e., fight every character on the roster on Battlefield, in random order, with no breaks.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think it needs a complete overhaul myself. It's it's always been so boring compared to Classic.

Rather then healing items, you'll bring extra characters. Reaching the end with a character alive nets you their trophy. Dead, no trophy. The amount of characters you bring and the amount still alive effects your rewards greatly, and there's only one difficultly. Light heals to every character after every round depending on the number you brought. No equipment. Maybe even incorporate Crazy Order's entry fee somehow...

Not that this'll happen in a million years though.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'm currently fine with All-Star's rigid format. Probably because I play it so seldom right now. I do find it odd that the difficulty was split only 3 ways though, apart from 5 with Brawl (and I don't remember how many Melee's had).

As for its format, I would say there are probably a lot of ways the team could've done it- the groups idea suggested by the OP, the bring-multiple-fighters-with-you idea, the way Melee did it (random order, I think?), and the list goes on. I agree that they could've found some way to make it more exciting, though I'm wondering if it's better they stuck with the same route; ever since they've overhauled Classic and Target Smash, I've heard people say they dislike the new Classic mode, and I think I'd prefer Target Smash to Target Blast any day.

Top Bottom