• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Peach Combos and edgeguards.. for great justice.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this is extremely ambitious, but I am about to attempt something crazy.

All peach combos and edgeguards, sorted by the characters they work on. I'd post some of mine now, but I have to head off to work, so I will post mine later. I'll also, be taking the first 3 posts of this thread, and updating them as more combos are discovered/shared.

I intend for this to be our finest work.
Dis for all my peaches, yo.

Edit: I've decided to sort it by edgeguards in the first post, then the second post is combos. We will see how this works out.

Please note, this is a long term project. Any/all contributions will be appreciated, and I'm going to end up watching alooooot of combo vids to try to get this one together.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Edgeguards

DAir -> [NAir or BAir]
This one is most useful to use against Ganon, or the Captain, because it will interupt their UpB, and then knock them away again.

It can also be used against SpaceAnimals, but only if Dair is at the end of their UpB, otherwise, you will get hit by their UpB.

Downsmash.
Space it so that you are not directly on the edge, but her dress will still touch the edge. You can change the spacing for different effects, but I do not recommend standing on the edge.
Just a warning with this one, it is more effective on some characters than on others, and higher level players will walltech it. This doesn't mean it's useless against them, but you better have a good plan of action if they walltech it!
Also, don't use this on Space Manimals (Falcons) and Ganons that know how to walltech.. It will only end in tears. Oh, and them ****** you with their UpB after they walltech.

Turnips.
I
Love
Turnips.
Go read Quetzalcoatl's Turnip guide, NOW! I love that guy as much as humanly possible without ever meeting or talking to him, or even knowing him, or stalking him, or feeling the compulsion to stalk him :p
Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79319
I cannot tell you how many gay kills I've gotten by throwing a turnip off the edge, and having it hit them. I don't put effort into it anymore, i just throw it and much of the time, it hits them in a way that completely sabotages recovery.
I will give a warning with this one:
I do not recommend using it against Space animals [unless they are just starting their UpB] or Mario/Docs. Great against Space Manimals though (Captain falcons) :p
I also like to drop turnips. I do this by pressing Z in the air while I'm holding one. I've been doing this in a way that drops them just off the edge. It's been confusing the people I play against, which is always a good thing :p

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Combos!

Alright, this has been really hard to do, seeing as her combos appear to be very, very circumstancial at best. Christ, I've had a hard finding them in combo videos themselves, but here we go.

Peach vs Peach
Source: Crouching Peach, Hidden stitchface; 1:38 - 1:41
Start percent: 26%
Downthrow, Grab, Upthrow, UpAir.
If you position your peach below and just alittle behind the enemy peach after the upair you can even add an UpB at the end.

Peach Vs Marth
Source: Croutching Peach, Hidden Stitchface; 2:09 - 2:12
Start percent: 12%
Dair (positioned to hit marth in the middle, performed while she is floating), Upair (Float cancelled) Jab, Dashattack, Jump-> Upair, SecondJump -> Nair
This one is wierd, and I found it hard to follow. I'm thinking i shoud probably link to a source of the vids so that mistakes that I make will (hopefully) be caught by others here.

Source: Fairest of them all;
Start percent: 0%
Dashattack, Dashattack.
Alright, from what I can see, you apparently have to hit them with the palms of Peach's hands durring the start of the dashattack, to make this work. It seems to pop the enemy marth upward instead of sideways, like the ends of the attack does...
Her dashattack is bizarre in that I have noticed it to have variable effects based on how it connects with opponents, but I've used it to do this sort of Chain-Dashattacking before on Ganondorf.

Peach Vs Falco
Source: Croutching Peach, Hidden Stitchface; 3:12 - 3:13
Start percent: 48%
Upair (while rising from first jump, facing away from the falco), Bair (while falling from jump)
This one is highly dependent on the position of the enemy falco.

Peach Vs Fox
Source: Croutching Peach, Hidden Stitchface; 3:21
Start percent: 0%
Dashattack, Downsmash

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Allright, looks like this could be an awesome thread, lets c if u can make it happen :), gonna be hard work ahead of you :p

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Lol pretty much everything i do with peach i ripped off of hella. But heres it goes =P what i love to do is this, Float backwards and Back air them off the stage =O If i get them in it there done "Most of the time" Im not the bestest peach ever but im ok ^^ I also love to wait for them to recover off the edge than grab them and Foward throw them. Works wonders if there dammage is 80% +.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Sounds fun.. R you workin yur way down the Tier List? Well Good luck.. When I come back I expect to see some work! ... Jkin.. But yea.. Umm a good edgeguard that Ive seen on those miss sweetspotted recoveries is FCed Dair >Nair. This is pointed at Ganon/Falcon tho, so I dont know how it works with others. yea I dont wanna say too much and look dumb, so yea, good luck..

Edit - Yea MisterMoo dont depend too much on that grab > Fthrow considering A. The oppenent can recover from under the edge and just watch u stand there and B. Even though peaches Fthrow does sorta hurt it can be DIed Up rly ez causing some characters an even eaiser time gettin back to the stage. 80 is a lil low, mayb 100 =p.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this is extremely ambitious, but I am about to attempt something crazy.

All peach combos and edgeguards, sorted by the characters they work on. I'd post some of mine now, but I have to head off to work, so I will post mine later. I'll also, be taking the first 3 posts of this thread, and updating them as more combos are discovered/shared.

I intend for this to be our finest work.
Dis for all my peaches, yo.

Edit: I've decided to sort it by edgeguards in the first post, then the second post is combos. We will see how this works out.
Also, I am considering adding a section for countering/avoiding the combos of other characters. This idea came to me durring my tournament yesterday, where I basically learned to backwards-wavedash -> downsmash when you see the fox trying his bull**** drillshine combos!

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've been watching a crapload of peach vids, and sparring with my cousin (Camerican). I've come to a conclusion that I find to be disturbing; Peach doesn't really have combos, so much as chains of on-the-go attacks, strung together through sheer wit. Am I wrong?

Can somebody re-assure me that My precious Peach has combos?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
As ambitious as this is, the combos in Smash bros are so situational that this could take ages and you still wouldn't be done. Combos are MADE in Smash Bros, not determined by a preset list of moves...

Samochan

Smash Master
Sorry, but peach doesn't really have any comboes, aside from some dash attack into cg against fast fallers and stuff like that... C.Falcon has some real comboes, with his opponents truly unable to attack and in some cases get KO'ed even with correct DI. But peach doesn't have that kind of comboes. If you wanna combo with peach, you just gotta invent those yourself and see what hits your opponent. Last tourney I did get a nice 70% combo on marth, but yeah... her comboes are a lot more situational than Fox's or falco's combos, for example.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but peach doesn't really have any comboes, aside from some dash attack into cg against fast fallers and stuff like that... C.Falcon has some real comboes, with his opponents truly unable to attack and in some cases get KO'ed even with correct DI. But peach doesn't have that kind of comboes. If you wanna combo with peach, you just gotta invent those yourself and see what hits your opponent. Last tourney I did get a nice 70% combo on marth, but yeah... her comboes are a lot more situational than Fox's or falco's combos, for example.
Now I'm sad... How do I delete this thread?

Me14k

Smash Lord
Alright, I've been watching a crapload of peach vids, and sparring with my cousin (Camerican). I've come to a conclusion that I find to be disturbing; Peach doesn't really have combos, so much as chains of on-the-go attacks, strung together through sheer wit. Am I wrong?

Sorry, peach does not have very many for sure combos where DI doesnt matter. Most of the comboes you posted are implented during game play..like the dash attack to Dsmash against fox...the fox was probably DIing dwn/ccing the dash attack.

Dair to nair i guess is a 'combo' but to me its really only 1 move :)..and against fox the fox can get out by shine.

The best way to combo with peach is simply to 'wing it'. Do what comes naturally. If you dtilt someone at low percent and they go up...dont end it with nair...uair then nair.

This thread will be helpful for edge guards, but I would drop the 'combo' part..peach just doesnt have comboes like Falcon's g-reg combo and tapion combo.

Top Bottom