• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All night smash fest at the Nexus!?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Well kind of, Nexus is open in its new boyton beach location. And the first lock in is on the 23rd of this month. (Basically unlimited arcade, pc games, and includes food and drink)

I was thinking if enough people were interested id get some tvs set up and some smash going, kinda have like an all night smash fest that includes all the other goodness that the nexus offers. (Which might i say the new nexus is about 3 times as awesome as the old one for those of you that remember it.)

Let me know what you guys think, Im also thinking of maybe having a nexus tournament before brawl comes out. Then possibly getting a good brawl set up going on since every one remembers how good smash was at nexus :)

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
This is only about 20 mins from me, hell yeah I would go. Last time I went, they were just Arcade and PC focused. Did they change up, or is this just a special thing?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
We didnt know what kind of crowd to expect at this location, and have been having a bigger request for console games then expected. So we have a 360 for now and will probably have a smash set up when brawl comes out if theres demand.

But yes this would be a special thing. Id get a few tvs set up for smash if enough smashers are interesting in attending.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I can have 1 tv set up for smash very easy, id kinda like to have atleast 2-3 if a few of you would really like to come. So lemme know. I can set up whatever needs to be done. For those of you that loved old nexus lock ins, the new ones should be like 5 times better

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Good ol' days indeed.

Thing is, if I wanna play would I have to pay for the lock in? Because I don't plan on staying all night. I don't mind paying a regular fee or anything, just not the lock in fee.

Hopefully, we can get Smash to take off there like it did at the old Nexus. I live just a few minutes away from this place, so it'd make an ideal training spot.

-SynikaL

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I was having some issues with my account here don't know if it was just my pc or what but sorry for the delayed response.

Lockin is $35 ($30 if you pay in advance) And you can only be here if you payed for the lock in (sorry Kye)

Ill have atleast my cube set up for any one interested to get some smash in.

Also maybe ill see what I can do to have a smash night like before if you guys wanna have a place to play, last I heard the other gaming centers aren't doing smash anymore? (I apologize if the information I heard was incorrect)

Kye get at me on aim I need to talk to you if you are interested in attending.

Top Bottom