• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALL HAIL THE KING! (Work In Progress.  I'll finish as soon as I can!)

ALL HAIL THE KING! (Work In Progress. I'll finish as soon as I can!)

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739
KingOfDz submitted a new guide:

ALL HAIL THE KING! (Work In Progress. I'll finish as soon as I can!) - How to wreck the current meta with King Dedede in For-Glory mode

Hey guys, This is KingOfDz here. I've been maining the King himself ever since brawl came out and I was very disappointed to find that he is underused in for-glory mode in Smash 4. I have literally fought over 1000 matches in the 3DS version (I'm too poor for the WiiU) playing as Dedede and have beaten good players with every playable character at least 10 times. When I've been fighting against him he doesn't know nearly half the mechanics and combos that I have discovered with him....
Read more about this guide...

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
A lot of misinformation, notably the combo and matchups sections. I strongly suggest you browse our boards thoroughly and edit as needed, as we do not need/want to spread false information on an already undeveloped character.

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739
A lot of misinformation, notably the combo and matchups sections. I strongly suggest you browse our boards thoroughly and edit as needed, as we do not need/want to spread false information on an already undeveloped character.
If There's anything I'm missing or wrong about tell me specifically so I can change up the guide.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Pretty much all combos listed do not work at all / are far from guaranteed against a human being.

A-A-Utilt-Utilt-Utilt-USmash does not work past the second (hell, even the first in some cases) UTilt with proper DI/can jump out of it.

Downtilt-Downtilt-Sidetilt I'm fairly certain the first or second DTilt is techable depending on weight class, making FTilt/second DTilt easily avoidable.

Same for A-A-Downtilt-Sidetilt that you can probably tech the DTilt.

Grab-A-A-Downthrow-Forward air-Downtilt-Dashing A No idea how that even works. At 0%, you can't pummel, and at higher %, Fair launches too far for DTilt to link properly. And Dtilt > Dash Attack won't ever combo.

A-A-UTilt-DSmash should work either, as the enemy is airborne, and should be able to react to a DSmash before it lands.

In the MU section, you mention Wario has a bad recovery, which is absolutely incorrect. Mario/Luigi are listed as 4, but Yoshi, who is miles ahead in character viability is listed as a 3.

Overall the MU information is lacking/unclear, and I fail to see the use in saying how bad/good a matchup is and only marginally talking about how to deal with the MU in particular.

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739
Pretty much all combos listed do not work at all / are far from guaranteed against a human being.

A-A-Utilt-Utilt-Utilt-USmash does not work past the second (hell, even the first in some cases) UTilt with proper DI/can jump out of it.

Downtilt-Downtilt-Sidetilt I'm fairly certain the first or second DTilt is techable depending on weight class, making FTilt/second DTilt easily avoidable.

Same for A-A-Downtilt-Sidetilt that you can probably tech the DTilt.

Grab-A-A-Downthrow-Forward air-Downtilt-Dashing A No idea how that even works. At 0%, you can't pummel, and at higher %, Fair launches too far for DTilt to link properly. And Dtilt > Dash Attack won't ever combo.

A-A-UTilt-DSmash should work either, as the enemy is airborne, and should be able to react to a DSmash before it lands.

In the MU section, you mention Wario has a bad recovery, which is absolutely incorrect. Mario/Luigi are listed as 4, but Yoshi, who is miles ahead in character viability is listed as a 3.

Overall the MU information is lacking/unclear, and I fail to see the use in saying how bad/good a matchup is and only marginally talking about how to deal with the MU in particular.

For the basic combos I have been successful most times but I'll admit sometimes I've had to switch them up, hence weight class and teching skill are factors that affect the success of the combos. I've almost never had to switch up the A-A-Utilt-Dsmash because people wouldn't be high up enough to be able to jump out of it on time and when they can air dodge before they hit the ground I wait until the dodge wears off to land the Dsmash. I kept the combos vague because I didn't want to have to type every single possible combination out for every situation because that would take up so much space and be so hard to read and remember. That's why I said in the introduction that the combos should give the general idea of what to do when you've started a combo.

For the moderate one that you mentioned that has been my most successful combo for when I land a grab and the opponent has less than 20%. It's pretty difficult to do but it really adds momentum and enables me to play aggressively as well as gain me a great start to the match.

Finally as for the MU section, I had a strong feeling people would disagree with my ratings, which is why I decided to elaborate a lot more details than I planned to when I first made this guide. So when I finish this guide you will see my exact thoughts towards every matchup and I doubt you will remain confused ^_^.

I'm happy you addressed your concern to me though because it's giving me methods to improve my guide and I thank you for your feedback. :D

majinvegeta010688

Smash Apprentice
You really need to post what combos work on what characters and at what percentages. That would really put this over the top.

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739
You really need to post what combos work on what characters and at what percentages. That would really put this over the top.
That sounds like a good idea actually. As soon as I am finished with the matchups I will :D

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739

KingOfDz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3453-9759-6739
Top Bottom