• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All about the Amiibo - Amiibo Character Discussion Thread

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mods, Please let me know if this thread has been done before because I have not seen it yet.

This thread is about the Amiibo and character ideas for the Amiibo. I recently received Mario and DK amiibo and I find them to be very entertaining. For those that are well rounded, who is the strongest Amiibo in your opinion? Weakest? Any funny stories?

Open to anything related to Amiibo here.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Quick. Everyone talk about that guy who ordered 100+ Rosalina amiibos.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
One thing I'm happy about is that they're not region locked (at this time and age, nothing should be) but Nintendo still doesn't understand supply and demand. Its going to be like Black Friday for those Ness and Mewtwo amiibos.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Quick. Everyone talk about that guy who ordered 100+ Rosalina amiibos.
I made some fanart of that guy.

I have three Amiibos; :4mario:, :4kirby: and :4samus:, my three orginal mains. I have :4sonic: and :4charizard: on pre-order and I plan on getting :4shulk: when he releases.

I plan on naming my Charizard Amiibo "Ridley" and giving it the purple alt. I will then upload it to Miiverse and put it in my signature.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I made some fanart of that guy.

I have three Amiibos; :4mario:, :4kirby: and :4samus:, my three orginal mains. I have :4sonic: and :4charizard: on pre-order and I plan on getting :4shulk: when he releases.

I plan on naming my Charizard Amiibo "Ridley" and giving it the purple alt. I will then upload it to Miiverse and put it in my signature.
That guy deserve all this hate, and yet he doesn't even realize it.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I kind of envisioned this thread having more to do with Amiibo as they applied to Smash Brothers. I have Mario and DK and they are both kicking my butt. It seems like they struggle though when you add additional players in the game. I have had some 8 stock games were the Amiibo went out fairly early.

Also about the rarity of Amiibo. I see many of them like Villager and Rosalina going for 30+ dollars. I don't think an individual Amiibo is worth that much. I paid $ 18.50 for Toon Link and that is probably the highest I will go. I also think the scarcity of Amiibo is related to low production now and the West Coast Strikes. Overtime, most of them will become more common and the price will drop.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
theres at least three i hope to get this friday

unfortunately im fairly sure theyll all be rather rare

still i did manage to get villager

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have Mario and DK currently and I have Bowser and Toon Link coming in from Ebay. Bowser is running behind. I won Toon Link last night so I won't get him for a week or so. Weather is bad here so it is likely messing up the mail. I won Bowser and DK for under $ 13.00 USD each. (They retail 12.99 plus tax).

volbound1700

Smash Master
It would be nice if Sakurai could release and update patch that allows you to take Amiibo into online matches against friends.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wishes never come true. :(
...and that is why the Wii U is struggling right now my friend. Sony and Microsoft seem to understand the video game fan base better. With the resources available to Nintendo, they should be running the industry. There is so much more that could have been done with the Amiibo (2nd player support in Event/Stadium matches, online play, etc.).

I always thought one big blunder by the Big "N" was shipping so many gamecube controllers but very few adapters/connectors. I mean, come on. Their supply chain/marketing division head should be fired for that. You would not see that kind of crap in the industry I work in.

Top Bottom