• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

air shine combo

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
it it preferable to shine then use stick or press y to jump when in mid air?

ex: jump shine bair by tap jump and cstick
or shine y or x then bair.

TheMrL

Smash Rookie
I use (X) but it's 100% preference in this case. You won't want to tap jump to multi-shine or wave shine but I know a good mix of people that do between all 3 for aerial jump out.

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
I use (X) but it's 100% preference in this case. You won't want to tap jump to multi-shine or wave shine but I know a good mix of people that do between all 3 for aerial jump out.
i think i said that wrong. when in mid air and shine not on the ground. is it better to tap jump then use cstick or use buttons then bair using A?

TheMrL

Smash Rookie
i think i said that wrong. when in mid air and shine not on the ground. is it better to tap jump then use cstick or use buttons then bair using A?
Oh. My point still stands that's it's preference, but if you can't use cstick if you use button jump, definitely go for tap jump so you don't fade back a bit when doing Nair because being a fast faller that could go bad. If you can button jump and use stick then it's your choice.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I slide my thumb from Y to A super quickly and use the A button for the b/dair. I get that it's not entirely optimal, but if you're fast enough, it's extremely rare that they DI out of it either way.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Stick is great in midair if you intend to follow up with an aerial. If you intend to follow up with a waveland, X/Y is probably preferable.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
shine>bair = tap jump > c-stick 1000% guaranteed.
It's the best way, no debate.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
that's assuming that you're fast enough with that style of input. I use Y to jump and the A button for the bair. Unless they're godlike, I only miss if I'm not fast enough.

Top Bottom