• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air reverse boost paralyzer? New tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWiWi

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I am new to posting on these boards, although I've lurked quite a bit in the past. In my Melee days I was quite addicted to Stadium where I held many World and U.S. Records in Home Run Contest and Target Test. Regrettably, I didn't get involved in the competitive scene.

In the video, you will find standard reverse aerial paralyzers and a gravity-defying-reverse-reverse paralyzer, for lack of a better name. It's almost like ZSS techs off an invisible wall and bounces back using her original pathing, only slightly quicker. This seems to useful as a mixup, approach, and spacing tool when used with dashing reverse paralyzers, and air reverse paralyzers.

My apologies if 1) This is NOT a new tech (I browsed through the boards and did not find any threads about it, nor have I ever seen anyone use it.) and 2) For the video (It was a bit difficult playing lying down, with an iPad balanced on my chest with my chin, staring at the controller screen with my arms stretched way out above me.)

Anyway, thought it was my duty to share this with the ZSS community on the off chance it was possibly a new and/or useful technique.

Happy Smashing.

Edit: ...Annnnddd right off the bat, I see the video is not working. I'll try and fix it ASAP.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Most NeutralBs, including Paralyzer, can be reversed, which was introduced in Brawl. Basically, there's nothing new there.

Sorry to break it to you.....

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Wavebounced paralyzer, not new.

You can also do something similar retreating if you jump forward first.

GoWiWi

Smash Rookie
Most NeutralBs, including Paralyzer, can be reversed, which was introduced in Brawl. Basically, there's nothing new there.

Sorry to break it to you.....
I realize that, but did you even watch the vid in its entiriety? I wasn't just doing reverse air paralyzers. She can instantly reverse momentum mid-air and bounce back the way she came. That is - in the middle of a short hop; no second jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom