• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air dodge with a light L/R press

Vigihes

Smash Cadet
I'm really surprised no one talks about it, maybe it's a bug. Since 3.6 came out it's no more possible to air dodge with a light press on R or L. I understand that it's to match with Melee but I learned how to wave dash on PM, so i'm asking: is it possible to have it back in option ? Thank you :) (and sorry for my english, I'm French \o/)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
are you sure you just weren't playing on the wifi codeset?

Vigihes

Smash Cadet
If you mean the wifi addon, then you're probably right because it's desabled ^^ thank you ! However, I can't reinstall it because my Wii reset during the installation... I'm gonna report it. But I still don't understand why it effects air dodges.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
If you mean the wifi addon, then you're probably right because it's desabled ^^ thank you ! However, I can't reinstall it because my Wii reset during the installation... I'm gonna report it. But I still don't understand why it effects air dodges.
There are different mechanics between the full and wifi version of the game, one being light-press shielding / airdodging and no c-stick buffering or something like that. The changes are necessary for playing online.

You're not the first person I heard say that the launcher crashes when switching on the addon, so something's definitely up with that.

Last edited:

Vigihes

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the explanation ! I'm still asking though, it would be nice if the option was available in tournament, PMDT. Because a light press just doesn't do anything right now...

Top Bottom