• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AI on battlefield

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Doing some messing around with ariel interrupts, figured I would share in case anyone didn't know
Ariel interrupts are using ariels to morph your enviroment collision box in order to land early.

Firstly, I was digging into instant doublejumps in order to allow for the modified jump height from the ground.
You can do this with jump+d-stick or d-stick+c-stick. It works because you buffer a jump out of jumpsquat.

So, frame data for the Ariel interrupt
first 4 frames, jumpsquat for jump
5th frame buffer jump
14th frame Knee (or 9 frames after your DJ)

So, usually I find these little frame perfect setups just a bit too easy to miss to translate into consistent play, but using the dual stick method to instant doublejump, I find I can actually find the timing for this fairly easily by doubletapping the c-stick. The first time to buffer doublejump, and the second time to get the AI. Maybe a third time after that if you want to AI Fsmash on the plat.

I could probably do a video if people need, but it's easy enough to test out yourself. Hopefully this help some peeps do some neat stuff.

Caraway

Smash Rookie
it's frame 13* not 14

its very intriguing tech..can you do it with other aerials than knee?

edit1: just tested, it can be done on battlefield lower platforms with the same method you described,

edit2: added framedata

Framedata
Frame 1-4: jumpsquat
Frame 5: Double jump

Window for:
NAIR
Frame 15-17

DAIR
Frame 15

U-AIR
Frame 15*

BAIR
Frame 14-18

*aerial is interrupted, but not auto-cancelled

you can also aerial interrupt your double jump to get from the bottom to the top platform, though i don't know exact framedata

Last edited:

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
AI bair from ledge seems like the best option lately due to the fact that it gives you more invulnerability than a regular ledgedash

Top Bottom