• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahhhhhh! I hate Olimar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I hate Olimar so much!

I sorta know how to beat him, and I sorta don't. Basically if I can get him off the stage he's screwed, but doing this is the hard part. Seeing as all of Olimar's moves look sorta similar I am never really sure how I should defend against them. Basically I'll take a stock from him. I get him up to 50-70%, then he'll spam, then kill me, I find it difficult to approach. He'll spam side-B and rack me up to high damage, run away, and repeat, eventually finishing me with a smash.

Sorry for the semi-rant, any tips?

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you are meeting a noob-Olimar, be happy you dont meet one that do grab combos like dthrow-fair-dthrow-fair. Spam f-tilt is my advice and waddle dees.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
the way to beat any olimar is through grabs and tech chasing, landing aerials and dodging the grabs. if he spams latch just kill his pikmin, and charge him when he has few pikmin, you can also side dodge latch , when you can get a chance to grab and you are close to the edge make sure to throw him offstage, the last clip of my vid shows a good way to get rid of a really good olimar. hope you get it figured out

CO18

Smash Hero
Dedede vs Olimar is Extremely difficult if your not familiar with the matchup.

But basically inhale to **** his campy shield grabs.

Ftilt to approach as it knocks away pikmen and outranges olimar's fsmash/grab.

Up tilt pwns all pikmen that get on you.

Then just chase him and get him off the ledge while hes low on pikmen.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
If he's a noob just combo him off the stage, far from the ledge, and edgehog.

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
Destroy his Pikmin. I know that's easier said than done, but spamming FTilt and your own side B to counter the throws works pretty well for me. Then when he's low on his little minions, use a chain grab, FTilt or DTilt, chase him off the edge with FAir or BAir, and edgehog.

Oh yeah, and don't let him grab you. You can poke him out of it with FTilt (I think, but I've forgotten the ranges by now. :p)

Excellence

Smash Champion
the way to beat any olimar is through grabs and tech chasing, landing aerials and dodging the grabs. if he spams latch just kill his pikmin, and charge him when he has few pikmin, you can also side dodge latch , when you can get a chance to grab and you are close to the edge make sure to throw him offstage, the last clip of my vid shows a good way to get rid of a really good olimar. hope you get it figured out
Best Olimar in the midwest? I think not. I disagree. As an Olimar main who knows what he's doing, the only way a DDD gets to me is via offstage pressure. How that's done is through a combination of spotdodge and Ftilts, as well as a few forced spacing errors. I'm not sure what you want to get Pikmin off with, but I suppose UTilt works > Nair, just remember Pikmin extend the duration of your hitbox depending on the number latched.

Was that Olimar in your video the same as the one from the end? He didn't use whistle like he should have which I don't believe the best Olimar anywhere would do.

Dedede vs Olimar is Extremely difficult if your not familiar with the matchup.

But basically inhale to **** his campy shield grabs.

Ftilt to approach as it knocks away pikmen and outranges olimar's fsmash/grab.

Up tilt pwns all pikmen that get on you.

Then just chase him and get him off the ledge while hes low on pikmen.
Well, you should know that Ftilt does not outmatch Olimar's range. I believe that if he shields them and shield grabs it'll beat your grab pretty well. I had a really close experiment with this, but I'm still not certain (70% sure). UpTilt works for killing pikmin. But chasing Olimar will get you killed. You need to bait him by floating over him like you'll do an aerial while remaining out of range of Uair, Fair, and Up Special.

Destroy his Pikmin. I know that's easier said than done, but spamming FTilt and your own side B to counter the throws works pretty well for me. Then when he's low on his little minions, use a chain grab, FTilt or DTilt, chase him off the edge with FAir or BAir, and edgehog.

Oh yeah, and don't let him grab you. You can poke him out of it with FTilt (I think, but I've forgotten the ranges by now. :p)
Destroying his Pikmin are not the key for beating Olimar, you will lose. Only Bair while he's offstage unless your sure you can hit and KO without whistling.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
you guys are all just babies...olimar is soooo easy to beat <---i'm fabricating this lie so more people pick ddd when I go to tourneys :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom