• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Againts a fox

Yoshio!

Smash Rookie
who spams U smash and u air a lot, often using C stick to u air fast falling i think, what would be the best way to counter it?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If he sends you in the air, DI away, and maybe drop a bomb to make your trajectory harder to predict. (You can change DI really well in morph ball mode.)

If you want to keep out of the way of Fox's Usmash, the best thing is to know when he's going to use it, and wavedash into Ftilt or even Fsmash range if you think you can get into it. You might even be able to sneak in a Dtilt, Dsmash, grab, or what have you. Basically, if he's spamming a move, this means just staying out of his way, and smacking him in the lag.

Yoshio!

Smash Rookie
thanks ph00t, most of the time i tried to d air while i was falling, or nair and then drag it down when hes on the ground...which resulted in me losing a life >_<, ill try it, thanks

Mars- well...i meteor using c-stick, but yes i do think its kinda cheap >_>;;

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
C-stick is not cheap at all. THe C-stick adds more to the game, giving you more options, therefore making it harder to play.

When i play my friend who is a sweet Fox i use up-b ALOT. He does the drill shine alot so i try and wavedash back, and Fsmash, or up-b.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
It's like saying L cancelling is cheap, if they didn't put it in the game, this game would be so slow. c stick is for people who don't want to accidently fast fall or double jump using dairs/uars. so don't call it cheap. and if you want to counter that i say just spot dodge if he "spams" it alot. if you spot dodge dtilt or dsmash then it should get rid of his usmash spamming.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
who spams U smash and u air a lot, often using C stick to u air fast falling i think, what would be the best way to counter it?
I think HugS said if you they upsmash your shield you have time to wavedash in and throw a dsmash of your own.

To beat this guy, don't let him get your percentage high early on, but crouch cancel some and dsmash/dtilt.

But to be completely honest we can't tell you how to beat him. We don't have enough information.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
I find that fox's smashes normally give you time to shield-grab him, so you could try a bit of camping on him when he rushes you. Maybe d-throw --> u-tilt combo or the like. Racks up damage nicely and gets him off your back. At least this works against some of the foxes I play, dunno how good your opponent is :ohwell:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I find that fox's smashes normally give you time to shield-grab him, so you could try a bit of camping on him when he rushes you. Maybe d-throw --> u-tilt combo or the like. Racks up damage nicely and gets him off your back. At least this works against some of the foxes I play, dunno how good your opponent is :ohwell:
Yeah, that can really benefit you, or as soon as he come close to you, just camp him down with Down Atilt.

Top Bottom