• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against Projectiles?

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't know about you, butI have a heck of a time fighting against projectile users, for example: Toon Link.

I was wondering if anyone could share some of their strategies that will perphaps help. Thank you.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
...Dodge and shield the projectiles?

Seriously, just get over to the projectile user as fast as possible.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
You can jab at the arrows. Cancel them out. It requires good timing but get used to it.

You can also jab:

-Both Link boomerangs
-Link's arrows (requires excellent reflexes and timing)
-Lucario's uncharged aura spheres
-Samus' regular missiles and uncharged shots
-Waddle dees and doos
-Fireballs
-Pikmin
-Razor leaf
-Peanuts
-Rob's gyro
-Pikachu's electricity (not thunder's, obviously.)

You can cancel charged Samus shots and aura spheres (and all of the above also) with your sword.

The spacies get away with murder though. -_-

~20%

Smash Rookie
My brother (Pit) arrow spams me, and you can't jab-cancel that, so what I've developed is you dash, jump, and right as you leave the ground you air dodge and repeat until you get there.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I'd advice switching it up way more. Jabs work for a lot of things, see Gill his post. Airdodge can help. However, just dashing jumping and air dodging like CR101 says will get you nowhere. Against pit you should just roll past the arrows, until you get a little close and rolling becomes dangerous, then you can shield or sidestep them, depending on what you figure your opponents next move will be.

Against or projectile spammers, short hop can work quite well sometimes, just don't get too predictable, a lot of spammers use their projectile just for that, to force you to make a certain action, don't fall for it.

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
Alright thanks, ussually I just try short hopping but they just catch on. I've never heard of jabs being effective for this, I will definetly try it.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
Over B in the air allows you to close in quickly, dont do it too high in the air for the falling lag and too low obviously will get u hit.

Neodudeman

Smash Rookie
Sort of related: Would catching link's bombs work? If so, what's the best way to catch items through at you?

Also, I can't do anything against Wolf: His lazer has stun, and when I get close, he just spams F-Smash, which goes on to forever until he gets to the other side of the stage, and does it all over again.

Volke

Smash Rookie
Roll at long distances.

Once you get close try to keep you opponent guessing. You could do a sliding shield grab, a sliding sidestep followed by an attack or grab, a short hop air dodge, an aerial attack or use Counter depending on the situation.

Oh, I almost forgot the C Stick initiated dash attack. Simply put, it lets you activate your dash attack quicker than using the A button. Using the A button forces you to dash for a short shile before you can activate your dash attack. If you try to do it too quick Ike will perform and fsamsh and be open for punishment. Using the C Stick lets you activate your dash attack quicker and easier. Since Ike moves a good distance in a very short amount of time it can catch a lot of people of guard.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
I find it easiest to find the closest ledge and grab it (unless they have exploding ammo (snake)). sooner or later they will come to and you have a multitude of ways you can attack. also make sure to quikly press down and then jump right away so that way your grip of the legde doesnt buy you a ticket to death.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I find it easiest to find the closest ledge and grab it (unless they have exploding ammo (snake)). sooner or later they will come to and you have a multitude of ways you can attack. also make sure to quikly press down and then jump right away so that way your grip of the legde doesnt buy you a ticket to death.
Bad advice. Flat out.

This won't help. Its easier to slam B over and over than it is to keep grabbin' the ledge.

Top Bottom