• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

against a good cloud?

BigBrotherBlade

Smash Rookie
So I played this really good cloud, and it just sucks since Cloud has a faster dash and air speed then marth so in neutral he obliterates marth, but my only option is too force him off the ledge so i can gimp him, but getting there is hassle so its hard to punish cloud. Are there any tips to help get a cloud off the stage and around the ledge?

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Playing against Cloud is for sure a difficult matchup for marth but ways to fight a good cloud is to get in close and dont let cloud use any of his attacks just keep pressuring him and prevent him to start any combos plus use fair alot because its one of your best spacing tools and your tipper will hit more

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
Also shielding a lot helps since he mostly relies on aerials in neutral, and he doesn't get much reward from grabs. Nair is also good along with fair, since their tippers have high knockback to get Cloud off stage. When he is off stage, you can run off -> counter his recovery, dtilt from on stage, or fsmash. While he is hanging from ledge, dtilt and nair are good to pressure.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Never let cloud take you on battlefield or dreamland cause cloud luvs platforms. They help out his uair juggling immensely and help create mix ups to charge his limit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom