• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After 11 years, The Legend of Zelda: Winds of Eternity is finished!

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
In 2011 I played a Zelda Fan game that tried to put Zelda in an RPG setting. I was pretty disappointed in how little actual Zelda content was in it. I was a first year student of computer games development at the time and figured I could do better. Then life kind of got in the way, a lot. It became a low priority project sitting at the back of my PC that I would return to every few months, or sometimes every few years. But now, after 11 years, it's finally finished. Did I succeed in accomplishing what I set out to do? I think, largely, yes. I went to great efforts to replicate the flow and style of a Zelda game, both in the combat and the overworld exploration. There are a lot of references to Zelda locations, lore, characters, scenes, weapons, combat ideas, side quests, jokes. Every game in the series contributes something. As new games were released appropriate aspects of them were incorporated as naturally as they could be (the major exception to this is Cadence of Hyrule, which I have yet to play, it only has some sprite work and weapons from there). The only thing a little less than stellar are the visuals, as I'm not much of an artist. I can edit existing art if need be, but coming up with something of my own that looks good is, well difficult. But hopefully the assets I took from existing games in the franchise and free to use stuff is acceptable. With all that said, here is the trailer.

I put a lot of work into making this project a reality. so it'd be a shame if absolutely no one ended up playing it. Here is the download link:

Last edited:
Top Bottom