• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Queen - The Definitive ZSS Tutorial: Part 3 is LIVE!

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
A video tutorial series for new ZSS players!

Part 1 covers standard attacks (jab, tilts, dash attack), aerials, and grab/throws:

Part 2 covers the remainder of ZSS' moveset (smash attacks, specials) as well as movement (foxtrot, empty hops, etc.):

Part 3 covers follow-ups out of d-throw:

As always, questions and comments welcome :)

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Do you know U-Tilt can also be used to punished when they roll behind you?
Yeah I've read about it but haven't applied it much myself (usually go for f-tilt since it has better range). U-tilt would definitely set up better for an aerial juggle, though.

Glyphagos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphagos
3DS FC
0490-7952-6058
Yeah I've read about it but haven't applied it much myself (usually go for f-tilt since it has better range). U-tilt would definitely set up better for an aerial juggle, though.
It's damn good and devestating if they don't properly DI or attempt to Airdodge.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
It's damn good and devestating if they don't properly DI or attempt to Airdodge.
Awesome, I should experiment more with it :)

Btw, if anyone has additional uses for ZSS' moves that weren't mentioned in the video, feel free to post them here. There'll probably be enough to make a Part 4.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh the flip kick cancelling I'm guessing?

why you gotta do me like that I was getting hype

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
An Awesome video for anyone to learn how to use Zero Suit Samus. Lust approves of this video "5" times. :)

P.S. don't mind the uncle pun I did there.
:sadsheep:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ Take 5 Take 5
Every once in a while I am like "Man I need to get some footage and make another combo video"

Then I go and see sexy videos like this and realize I will be the only one to enjoy them aside from the few note worthy plays in them xD.

I never finished it but the Intro and first min was extremely aesthetically pleasing , keep it up Lady ;).

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
@ Take 5 Take 5
Every once in a while I am like "Man I need to get some footage and make another combo video"

Then I go and see sexy videos like this and realize I will be the only one to enjoy them aside from the few note worthy plays in them xD.

I never finished it but the Intro and first min was extremely aesthetically pleasing , keep it up Lady ;).
Thank you! :b:

My favorite part of the vid is 4:37 - 4:43 (it's against a CPU, but I've since pulled it off against a friend who had the misfortune to double jump into the second b-air).

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
XD I'll be sure to check the whole thing out.

one of my favorite things I've done is I was playing ffas with friends and there were two of them left in a game with 1 stock each, they chose to team up on me which is logical when I was 3 stocking them,I back threw one off the ledge (Ganon at the right %) and got hit by an arrow from the other who was link.

I was like "your lucky link just saved you because I was gonna spike you" it didn't matter since I killed him moments later and he stated very saltily "you don't know that" and literally in 5 seconds after I had killed him when he started to retort and say that, I got link to like 40% and did the exact same thing spiking him because he was unable to avoid it.

Needless to say he shut right the eff up.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for helping me reach 500 subs!

I just finished Part 2 and have added it to the original post :seuss:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Great video, but I really think some of your sSmash options are too risky and should be substituted by sTilt. sTilt is faster and sSmash is kind of a huge commitment with 62 frames.
Also some of the uSpecial stuff is just plain bold.

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Great video, but I really think some of your sSmash options are too risky and should be substituted by sTilt. sTilt is faster and sSmash is kind of a huge commitment with 62 frames.
Also some of the uSpecial stuff is just plain bold.
Yep, from the first vid, you'll see f-tilt and f-smash have similar applications (e.g. stuff rushdowns, read rolls). The difference as you noted is that f-smash is much riskier but offers a greater reward. I personally would not go for it unless I have a significant lead and feel like going for a hard read.

Similar comments for boost kick. Nothing more satisfying than a V115-level read ;)

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Just posted Part 3! Covers follow-ups out of d-throw.

And look at that, my 100th post (sorry for the double) :D

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
What is a RAR?
Reverse Aerial Rush
Input dash > turnaround > jump to cancel turnaround animation > keep momentum in original dash direction plus having your back pointed in that direction as well
You know how Nairo always does nAir > bAir? he needs to do a RAR to do that bAir.

Corrin77

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'm not really that good with movement. Especially all the air reversals and wavebounce stuff.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Thanks, I'm not really that good with movement. Especially all the air reversals and wavebounce stuff.
Well as long as you don't have to combo anything with it, a RAR can be performed veeeeery slowly since the turnaround animation is so long.
For example run to the right, press left, and then you have the whole sliding animation to input and hold right again and press jump.
It's far easier than a wavebounce and more important too imo. Especially as ZSS you will need RAR very often.

Corrin77

Smash Rookie
Well as long as you don't have to combo anything with it, a RAR can be performed veeeeery slowly since the turnaround animation is so long.
For example run to the right, press left, and then you have the whole sliding animation to input and hold right again and press jump.
It's far easier than a wavebounce and more important too imo. Especially as ZSS you will need RAR very often.
I just wish the training dummy wouldnt perfectly DI my combo practicing. And it's not like I have any live opponents to practice on aside from bots I guess.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I just wish the training dummy wouldnt perfectly DI my combo practicing. And it's not like I have any live opponents to practice on aside from bots I guess.
Bots never DI though, neither do the training bots aside from their weird stage-gravity-pull-thingy.
You can set training mode bots to control though any they will stop doing that.

Corrin77

Smash Rookie
Bots never DI though, neither do the training bots aside from their weird stage-gravity-pull-thingy.
You can set training mode bots to control though any they will stop doing that.
Yeah that's what I meant, that gravity thing pulls them away from me until they land. Trying to figure out what level I play bots aswell since the level 9s seem to punish everything on the first frame. I won't be able to play a live opponent for another 25 days.

Top Bottom