• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Confusion on grounded opponent.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Okay, so I posted this in the other thread but wasn't sure how much attention that thread got as it hadn't had many replies in a while... That, and I now have a couple interesting videos. Anyway, I'll copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread.

"I have no idea if anyone knows this, I'm guessing obviously some do but I haven't seen anyone use/mention it, so sorry in advance.

Ok, so confusion in the air is pretty good right? You can usually follow up with a double jump fair. With confusion, you can actually pull people off the ground by jumping then immediately using side B. This will grab the opponent and pull them off the ground as if it's been used in this air. You have to do it so confusion comes out directly above their heads (Confusion has a huge "grab box"), this means that it doesn't work on short characters, but works extremely well on characters like Bowser, Ganon etc as the grab box is so generous.

It even works on Sheik and ZSS, although, Sheik is pretty hard to grab as she's so slender. I've only tested it on C.Falcon, Bowser, ZSS, Sheik and Kirby(couldn't grab Kirby) so far.

I really think this could be an amazing mix up for Mewtwo especially against large characters because the grab box is huge and is pretty hard to miss characters like Bowser.

Also, I use R for jump, this also happens to make this easier.

Edit: I've also found it's probably best to double jump in place or maybe slightly away when using fair (I use c-stick for aerials when doing this kind of movement) to not move yourself into their fast aerial or whatever."

This video is of the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jOVXR6G0g

And this video is the "Rising claw" combo that can be done out of the confusion trick, and also one Confusion, jab to disable trick I thought would be cool for a mix up. You have to time the jab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfVgpC5fNPc

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Yeah, and it has huge range on big characters.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Very interesting, I'll have to try it out later. It looks very promising and could definitely be used to help turn the tide in matches. However, I think that the Confusion > Jab > Disable trick won't be too reliable because of how opponents can jump out of Confusion super easily.

Thanks for sharing this!

Top Bottom