• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice to the Newbie on IC Techs.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've been playing Ice Climbers, and Smash Bros in general, for some time, but not competitively. Recently, I've been looking up on SmashBoards, reading all these things about Wavedashing (Knew about it.), De-syncing, Chain-Grabbing, and the infamous Wobble.

Now for you veterans out there, any advice on the Climber duo in Brawl? Wave-Dashing is out it seems. De-Syncing is still there though (though I don't know how to use it or take advantage of it.), and what are the new things that have popped up?

Thanks all and hope to speak to you more about ****** Goodness.

~ Lapine

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
Their Forward air, Side B, and their Down B seem to be pretty good for approaching and damage now and their downthrow/foward throw to a Forward air spike seem much better. Although I haven't been able to play the game myself however so I can't give too much personal advice.

Som

Smash Cadet
be patient, be prepared to lose allot at first until you get better with them. Don't try to be overly flashy with de-syncs that aren't used with caution. Don't spam f-smash, because it has problems outing if you do. Learn the match ups ! have fun. :)

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
every character will suck without the basics. Short-hopping, fast falling, DIing, and knowing your dodge frames. learn these then worry about your desync and chain combos. Without the basics you'll be screwed no matter how fast you can go into desyncing.

Top Bottom