• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on my R.O.B.? (video inside)

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
Hi guys! I main Yoshi and second Wario. I've been playing around with R.O.B. and he's a lot of fun to play with! Plus I think he could help me with some matchups as a pocket character. I'm still pretty new to R.O.B. so I'd like to get a little bit of advice if any of you are able. I am aware I got a little roll happy in this match, mainly just out of unfamiliarity with my options as R.O.B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-MMnwwzbN8

Also, do y'all not have a video thread here? It didn't seem like one was stickied. If there's a more appropriate place for this, like the Q&A thread, I apologize.

Last edited:

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
For the most part, not that bad of ROB play. Your aim was good, you had some nice spotdodges, and your spacing was decent. You fed that Ness way too many lasers, and you rolled behind him way too much. A tip for dthrow follow-ups: at high percents when uair is not a combo, jump up and bait the airdodge for an easy bair.

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
Thanks for the reply!

I'll definitely work on not rolling behind too much and yeah the laser feeds were not okay, idk what I was doing. Thanks for the tip on bair, I did not know that, and I'll definitely work on it!

Thanks for the kind words too, I'm glad to know I'm not a complete scrub with R.O.B. :)

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Thanks for the reply!

I'll definitely work on not rolling behind too much and yeah the laser feeds were not okay, idk what I was doing. Thanks for the tip on bair, I did not know that, and I'll definitely work on it!

Thanks for the kind words too, I'm glad to know I'm not a complete scrub with R.O.B. :)
A great way to improve with a character is to play dittos against someone who knows what they're doing. Send me a PM or hit up our skype group if you wanna find someone to play with.

Top Bottom