• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice needed!!

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I've played Brawl a couple times now, and I've decided that I'm gonna main Toon Link (the whole Toon Link forum cheers). I'm having some trouble facing Wolf and Ike. If you guys have any tips I could use when I'm against them, that would be most appreciated.

The guys at TGP got a video of my Toon Link against my friend Pav's Wolf. Here's the link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7hbbjS0-SM

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
We have a few members here who actually own the game, and might be able to help you. However, the rest of us mortals only know Toon Link's fighting style from video's and impressions.

Although, there are a few things I'm certain of from watching the video:
-Too many smashes and especially too many Dair's.
-Not enough Fair, Nair, and especially not enough Bair's.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
You're right, and I was doing them way too much then. The video was from my first day as him. I have definetely lowered the dair to bair, nair, and fair ratio to normal, but I still have problems. Once you guys get a better idea, please post it 4 me. Thanx.

P.S. All the dairs were because I was a falco main in melee, and I'm still getting used to the idea of less dairs.

jasonw002

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seashell
3DS FC
4613-8751-4371
I'd say mix up your projectiles more. You can't just use bombs because in the last life in that match the damage on them was really diminishing. Generally mix up your attacks more due to the dimishing dmg.

Top Bottom